Full-time Histotech needed with a leading pathology group!
JOB SUMMARY: Prepares human body tissue for examination by other laboratory professionals. Performs embedding, microtomy, and all related histology tasks. Performs special stain and IHC procedures as directed.
- Embed all types of tissue
- Section all types of paraffin embedded tissue
- Follow set protocols and procedures for embedding and microtomy
- Keep embedding area, microtome, and workstation clean and clutter free and maintain proper QC
- Maintain fresh solutions, stains and/or re-agents
- Perform special stain and/or IHC procedures as directed
- Assist with case assembly and distribution as needed
- File blocks and slides as needed
- Properly handle and dispose of hazardous waste
- Assists in documentation and maintaining effective department QA programs and monitors.
EDUCATION & LICENSURE:
*High school diploma or GED required.
*Must have either formal Histology training or on-the-job Histology training experience.
*Maintains appropriate continuing education for certification if applicable
*Minimum of one year experience working in a histology lab, performing microtomy and/or embedding is required.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits.
For more information, please submit you resume for review!