Building Trust - Not all general contractors are created equal. For some, the goal is simply to get the job done. But at Tyler Lane Construction Inc., our focus is getting the job done right on time, on budget, while exceeding even the highest standards of workmanship and attention to detail. Maybe that’s why so many clients turn to us again and again for their largest, most demanding and most sensitive projects.
What Makes this a Great Opportunity:
• Be a part of a company that has received many awards in the industry, most recently the Chicago Building Congress Merit Award 2017
• Great opportunity to work with a committed team of industry professionals
• We use state of the art industry standard software
• We have an outstanding reputation in the industry.
• Our benefit package is outstanding!
Tyler Lane Construction is seeking a Project Estimator at our Chicago, IL location. The Project Estimator has the responsibility for bidding hard bid projects for public agencies.
• Review plans, specs and create complete scopes for all trades
• Identify risk issues and their order of magnitude
• Solicit subcontractors and/or suppliers for pricing and information
• Have a following of subcontractors they work with
• Reviews general conditions, schedule, scopes, hoisting plans, site logistics
• Identify insurance requirements
• Actively participates in industry, clients and community relations to enhance company image and vendor list
• Review projects out to bid and create bid schedule
• Create bid folder and bid documents for bid
• Creates subcontractor list for bidding
• Attend pre-bid meetings and walk thru's
• Create budget and order bid bond
• Obtain proposals from subcontractors and suppliers
• Makes follow up calls and emails to subcontractors who bid
• Reviews projects company is low bidder on and turns over to project manager with all cost, subcontractors and information
• Assist Project Manager, General Superintendent and Project Engineer on preparing buy outs of scopes and bids.
• Assists with change orders for projects and getting cost breakdowns
•2-5 years of relevant industry experience
• Good communication skills
• Excel and On-screen experience is a plus
• Tyler Lane Construction. provides a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience. In addition, a generous benefit package is offered as well.