Full-time Radiology Coder needed at a top hospital serving the Fairfield County region!
This is an in house full time position (Not remote)
Research coding and regulatory guidelines that impact coding and billing of diagnostic and interventional radiology services to obtain relevant and timely information for internal utilization. Prepares and delivers training to modalities as needed to keep compliant. Ensures appropriate charge capture processes.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES/CRITICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handles the DNFC report on a daily basis to ensure timely billing can go out
- Addresses any and all denials and works on a good workflow throughout department to proactively avoid denials
- Maintains the Radiology Charge Description Master (CDM) to ensure accurate charge capture
- Reviews and maintains the cross-walk between the Radiology Information System (RIS) and CD
- Performs all front end coding to ensure proper charge capture for HIM coding to get bill out
- Develops training programs and proper workflows for delivery to leaders for modalities to be well versed in appropriate charging
- Develops super users for staff to assist with coding and proper charging of studies
- Evaluates charge capture processes and recommends changes as appropriate, including ordering function
- Performs internal coding and documentation audits including chart analysis and report preparation
- Performs and document research on coding and regulatory healthcare issues including: websites, publications, insurance companies.
* Professional Radiology Certified Coder (RCC) Certification preferred
* Minimum of one year experience in diagnostic and interventional coding
* In depth knowledge of CPT
* High School, GED or Equivalent
Offering competitive compensation and benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.