Production Manager - 1
Clarkston, MI 48346
The Production Manager will be responsible for leading the safety, quality, manufacturing and maintenance operations throughout the facility. The plant is in need of strong, hands-on leader that can manage the facility when the General Manager of the Fiber Division is traveling or dealing with other business matters. The successful production manager should have solid manufacturing management experience, knowledge of lean-manufacturing principles and housekeeping standards, be an employee engagement advocate and have knowledge of financial performance metrics. A strong safety orientation – our first priority – is a requirement for this leadership position.
Prior experience in the plastics manufacturing business is required, candidates should be familiar and have experience with manufacturing operations requiring automation combined with critical manual labor and skilled operator knowledge.
Main Position Responsibilities:
Plans, organizes and implements the necessary controls and measurements to ensure the efficient, cost effective manufacturing operations that obtain objectives in the areas of Safety, Productivity, Cost, Quality and Customer Satisfaction.
Assists General Manager in formulating the operating budget, measures results vs. plan and develops actions to correct any gaps or deficiencies.
Ensure efficient scheduling and operation of operations across a large production line producing IBC drums for various industrial uses
Partners directly with suppliers and internal resources to address quality issues and leads action plans to address
Daily reporting around production efficiency, downtime, scrap and labor usage
Occasional interface with key customers to address service and quality issues
Reviews plant results both with division and corporate leadership as well as plant-based personnel.
Ensures quality standards are met through overseeing testing products as necessary, identifying root cause for any defects and implementing action plans to remove manufacturing deficiencies. Partner with Fiber Division Quality Leader.
Customer-service focused including on-time-delivery, personal involvement in any quality issues, customer visits, etc.
Continually challenges the organization to review waste, reduce costs and improve productivity
Champion employee engagement to drive improvements in safety performance, plant housekeeping, training and retention
Short-term priorities include improvements in safety, housekeeping, delivery, reduction in scrap, achievement of financial targets and increased focus on housekeeping, plant organization and visual factory
Tracking of employee hours in our payroll system along with scheduling vacation, managing attendance records
Assessment and development of plant supervisory staff; Hiring of production labor followed by proper orientation and onboarding to the plant production environment
Required Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
1. This position must have Blow molding production machine experience or Injection molding (Blow molding is preferred).
2. 5+ years of operations / production management
3. Hands-on experience in manufacturing operations – particularly with plastic blow molding or injection molding operations requiring both automation to drive efficiency and skilled operator knowledge. Experience in engineering also helpful.
4. Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (i.e. engineering) preferred
5. Demonstrated at least a basic understanding of financial and operational performance metrics
6. Comfortable presenting results, issues and action plans to senior staff
7. Experience in implementing elements of lean manufacturing with demonstrated & sustained results
8. Energetic with the ability to inspire a sense of urgency in others
9. Demonstrated ability to develop and promote subordinates
10. Experience in establishing and maintaining a disciplined manufacturing operation with a focus on delivering consistent results with a respect for the individual employee
11. Hands on experience in a small operation with a high comfort level in having multi-task responsibilities
12. Ability to work effectively across functions including procurement, sales, finance, quality, safety and human resources
133. Willingness to engage in front-line activities as necessary to achieve customer requirements
14. Comfort using computers including working within a payroll system to ensure hours are properly approved
15. Present Salary?
16. Salary Expectation?
17. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
Injection Molding Technician
Clarkston, MI - injection, molding, injection molding, coating,...
Injection Molding Process Technician
Clarkston, MI - injection, molding, injection molding, plastic,...
Plastic Injection Molding Repair Technician
Clarkston, MI - injection, molding, injection molding, plastic...
Clarkston, MI - molding, injection, plastic, mold...
Injection Molding Maintenance Technician
Livonia, MI - injection, molding, plastic, injection molding...
Production Manager - 1
Clarkston, MI - molding, injection, fiber, plant,...
Clarkston, MI - molding, injection, plastic, mold, operator,...