Quality Control Supervisor (2nd Shift) - FT50899
Santa Cruz, CA
The position duties include a wide range of activities related to monitoring employee performance, ensuring all work is completed accurately within specified time frames, and making sure high levels of customer service are provided at all times. The position requires an understanding of food science and food/dietary supplement manufacturing principals.
This position interacts closely with other departments within the company; therefore, good interpersonal skills are required. The position is responsible for day to day quality supervision; including evaluation of product holds, and product dispositions, updating the Quality Control (QC) Hold log, managing the QC staff schedule, assisting in plant trials, and serving as a back-up to the QC Director in their absence.
Supervise and train QC technicians and leads.
Support the QC Director with day to day tasks such as product investigations, plant trials, AQL inspections, etc.
Supervise product quality on a daily base
Maintain and update Hold Log
Provide support to Production, Maintenance, QA, R&D, Sanitation, and Warehouse.
Generate weekly quality metric reports to supply to Senior Management
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in inspecting incoming materials, in process materials, and finished products to ensure adherence to company quality standards and customer specifications
Aids QC Management in the development, coordination, and supervision of the QC programs such as: Food Safety, HACCP, GMPs, Food defense, Pre-requisite programs, etc
Supervises the production of consistent quality products through the development and enforcement of excellent manufacturing practices, and procedures.
Helps in training, coaching, mentoring, empowering and developing team members. This includes coordinating team involvement activities to drive “continuous quality improvement” processes.
Supports the QC Staff KPI’s
Generates necessary quality metric reports, on a weekly basis.
Required Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
1. Bachelors of Science in Food Science, Microbiology, or any Bachelor’s degree with appropriate QA/QC experience.
2. 2-3 years previous Quality experience in the food production industry.
3. Knowledge of FDA, GMP, SOP, and HACCP Requirements.
4. HACCP certified.
5. Strong leadership and communication skills.
6. Excellent record keeping/documentation skills.
7. Intermediate skills Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
8. High sense of urgency and ability to achieve priorities.
9. Team-focused mentality.
10. Ability to be adaptable and flexible.
11. Ability to work independently.
12. Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot issues.
13. Ability to handle multiple priorities to meet company demands.
14. Bilingual Spanish/English is a plus.
15. Present Salary?
16. Salary Expectation?
17. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
2nd Shift Warehouse Worker - Fontana, CA
CA - warehouse, plant, 2nd shift, vehicles, 2nd, shift,...
Mechanical QA/QC Engineer
Saudi Arabia, Riyadh, Riyadh Province - qc, qa, hvac, engineer...
2nd Shift Bio Plant Worker - Vernon, CA
CA - plant, bio, waste, vehicles, 2nd shift, forklift,...
Customer Service Pick-Up
San Jose, CA - furniture, ensure, warehouse, showroom, 2nd, flow,...
QC Lab Associate
Hollister, CA - qc, microbiology, chemistry, biochemistry, hplc,...
Director of Nursing
Santa Cruz, CA - director, manager, supervisor, admin,...
QC Inspector IV
Santa Clara, CA - inspector, nutrition, qc, medical devices, devices,...