Tax Manager - Not For Profit - FT50644
Long Beach, CA
Leading Regional CPA Firm Long Beach, CA
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Large firm benefits with the feel of a small firm.
Company provides lifelong training and learning, including MS, MBT, or MBA programs.
Company provides flexible schedules to accommodate a successful work/life balance.
Company provides competitive career package, including employee benefits and incentives.
Note from Hiring Manager
Role is a partner-track opening.
Based at headquarters in Long Beach but have offices in Orange County and downtown LA.
Willing to pay interview costs and provide relocation.
Duties & Responsibilities
Take over from practice partner the day-to-day management of firm’s not-for-profit tax practice, including 100-150 returns.
Develop and mentor staff to permit increased delegation of duties.
Run various NFP tax engagements as needed.
Develop relationship with and earn sufficient respect from staff, peers, senior managers, and partners to warrant promotion to partner.
Gain sufficient expertise within NFP practice to become technical expert.
Demonstrate sufficient success in business development with new and existing clients to justify admission into partnership.
Develop community and professional relationships through participation/leadership in civic organizations and professional associations.
Required Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
1. Seeking candidate out of top 100 CPA firm with not-for-profit clients.
2. Will consider Managers, heavy Senior Managers, and above.
3. 6+ years’ professional experience, predominantly and most recently at regional, national, or BIG 4 firm.
4. CPA/MBT (MST) or CPA/JD/LLM.
5. Desire to become a tax partner in the not-for-profit area at a leading regional CPA firm.
6. Reviewed/performed compliance on at least 50 NFP returns (Forms 990/990-PF) and on numerous unrelated business income tax returns (Forms 990-T).
7. Experience consulting with NFP management regarding exemption application and various tax and management issues.
8. Progressive record of promotion and success in developing/mentoring staff toward promotion.
9. Experience defending clients in IRS audits.
10. Record of success in developing relationships within firm.
11. Experience with software pertaining to NFP returns.
12. Present Salary?
13. Salary Expectation?
14. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
Long Beach, CA - tax manager, accountant, tax, c.p.a., manager,...
Tax Manager - Not For Profit
Long Beach, CA - jd, tax manager, tax, c.p.a., green card, firm,...
Long Beach, CA - tax manager, accountant, tax, c.p.a., soft,...
Carson, CA - tax manager, accountant, tax, c.p.a., manager,...
Tax Manager - Not-For-Profit
Long Beach, CA - jd, c.p.a., tax, tax manager, firm, promotion,...
Tax Manager - Not-For-Profit
Long Beach, CA - jd, c.p.a., tax, orange, tax manager, mba, firm,...
CPA Tax Senior & CPA Tax Manager
Los Angeles, CA - tax, tax manager, c.p.a., accounting, public,...