Sr. Water Resource Engineer, PE Licensed, Sacramento, CA #1416
We are a major provider of engineering services throughout a wide range of industries. We currently serve both public and private clients in infrastructure, energy, construction, environment, etc. Now rated as an ENR 500 firm, we serve clients throughout the U.S.
We currently have an excellent opportunity (Sr. Water Engineer/Business Development Executive) in Northern California focusing on our firm’s water and waste water business. This person will be involved in both:
1. business development (and)
2. mentoring junior engineers.
This role will be tracked toward senior management. Although relocation is an option WITHIN CA, candidates must be:
- currently living and working in the water/waste water treatment industry in CA. This position can be based in Sacramento, or if you prefer, a couple other options are possible as well.
As a Sr. Water Resource Engineer PE, you will be:
1. working directly for the director of major projects
2. involved in design and business management
3. growing the firm’s water business throughout the state of California
As a Sr. Water Resource Engineer, PE, you have specialized expertise in one or more of the following:
• Water supply and treatment
• Water transmission, distribution and storage
• Pump Stations
• Waste water conveyance
• Waste water treatment
• Reclaimed water transmission, distribution and storage
As a Sr. Water Resource Engineer PE, your responsibilities will include:
1. Identify and develop new client and project opportunities throughout the region
2. Develop scope, budget and schedules
3. Assist project managers and engineers in the delivery of water/waste water projects including; evaluation and detailed design of water and waste water treatment plants, supply wells, water reuse systems, distribution systems, conveyance, storage and pipeline projects.
4. Manage multiple, concurrent projects. Work with subcontractors to ensure projects are delivered on time and in high quality.
5. Represent the firm in regional organizations
6. Develop long term relationships with new and existing clients
7. Make presentations to governing boards and city councils
8. Work with local permitting to ensure projects are permitted and funded
9. Travel as needed
Qualifications needed for this Sr. Water Engineer/Business Development Executive role:
• MS degree is preferred. Will consider a Bachelor’s in civil, environmental or related engineering disciplines.
• 12-15 years plus of progressive municipal water/waste water utilities engineering experience
• PE State of California – This is a (must)
• Proven business development skills
• Highly motivated and passionate about growing a water/waste water business
• Strong negotiation and project management skills
Salary, Benefits and Perks that our Sr. Water Engineers/Business Development Executives enjoy:
1. Base Salary (DOE) --- will discuss during initial interview
2. Full benefit package
4. Limited stock options
5. Serious career growth opportunities (including a career path into management)
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by sending an updated resume along with a cover letter to Betty M Scott, Sr. Recruiting/Hiring Mgr. bettys(atsign)hire4groupdotcom then call 646 250 8103 after applying.