Cloud Support Engineer - 1
Ontario, Canada M4C 1B5
Overview & Responsibilities
Seeking an Enterprise Cloud Support Engineer in Toronto, Canada to join the Strategic Accounts team. The Cloud Support Engineer will support one of our largest Enterprise clients based in Toronto, helping them develop into a Cloud Operator while working with bleeding-edge cloud technology.
Cloud Support Engineers will:
Manages and supports the Dev to Production cloud IaaS and platform, to ensure quality, performance and availability of hosted services.
The Engineer provides guidance and support for cloud technology practitioners. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting IaaS and PaaS hosted on the Cloud. The end result will advance and integrate with existing support model to produce an ITIL compliant ecosystem that minimizes human interactions in support of true cloud solutions.
Provide Level 2 cloud infrastructure support across all environments operating in the Cloud. Primary focus is on Openstack.
Provide planning, communication, and reporting of day-to-day ticket metrics for daily huddles
Manage non-standard/complex major incidents, standard incidents, and service requests efficiently and expediently
Ensure customer service satisfaction and enable continuous improvements
Oversee higher complexity operational and preventive maintenance tasks
Manage complex remedial and unscheduled urgent changes
Accessible via a mobile device to support on-call escalations
Ensure timely and accurate communication of business objectives
Promote and support an environment that encourages productivity, innovation, teamwork, and a high level of professionalism
1. Must have infrastructure experience working with enterprise level RedHat Linux
2. Cloud platform experience (OpenStack, AWS, Azure)
3. The successful applicant must have a solid understanding of Incident, Change, and Problem Management methodologies, as well as solid experience in a large Production environment.
4. Understanding of provisioning platforms (e.g. OpenStack, Cloudify, SaltStack, Rundeck, etc.)
5. Development background in scripting/automation is an asset (python, java, etc.)
6. Middleware/Applications (Redis, RabbitMQ, Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere Application Server)
7. Databases (Oracle, SQL Server)
8. ITIL v3
9. Strong understanding of virtualization fundamentals; IaaS services (compute, storage, network)
10. Understanding of Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Software Defined Infrastructure (SDI)
11. Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple deadlines and priorities
12. Strong technology background, demonstrated history of design and implementation experience
13. Demonstrated ability to understand, evaluate, and deploy new and emerging technologies
14. Strong analytical skills with ability to assess dependencies, risks, issues, etc.
15. Solid understanding of technology governance process and policies
16. Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple deadlines and priorities
17. Excellent written and verbal communication, negotiation and partnership skills - ability to stay resilient under pressure
18. Expertise in working effectively in teams – requires a track record of working cross-organizationally and with multiple stakeholders at varying levels
19. Strategic thinker able to think conceptually and high degree of attention to detail
20. Demonstrates resilience, persistence and flexibility in all aspects of Innovation Delivery
21. Present salary?
22. Salary Expectation?
23. Must be Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident. Alternatively, we would consider someone with US Citizenship who can travel or relocate
Santa Ana, CA - installer, desktop support, designer, ccna, desk,...
Claremont, CA - executive assistant, secretary, executive,...
Systems Support Engineer
Orange, CA - gp, support engineer, ccna, virtualization,...
Desktop Support Engineer
Irvine, CA - desktop support, support engineer, bull, engineer,...
Technical Product Support Engineer
Brea, CA - rs, encoder, support engineer, embedded, engineer,...
Irvine, CA - fresh, support engineer, ops, configuration,...
DEVOPS Cloud Engineer
Brea, CA - chef, cloud, devops, engineer, weblogic,...