Accountant 4 - 5296580
This role will act as a liaison between the Business Unit Senior Leaders, Group Finance Officer team, front office personnel, and the Corporate Controllers Division. Primary responsibilities include ensuring that financial accounting procedures and controls are in place and operating effectively and that the overall system of internal controls provides reasonable assurance as to the integrity and reliability of financial data. A candidate in this role is required to have a strong understanding and knowledge of the group’s products and services and the underlying processes, systems and other support partner functions (operations, technology, compliance, risk management, legal, etc.) supporting their business and customers. The position also requires a detailed knowledge base in broker-dealer activities, operations, and monthly/annual regulatory reporting requirements including regulatory reporting, and industry specific issues.
This role provides technical expertise regarding accounting issues, SEC reporting and regulatory information and research. Areas of duties include providing technical assistance on major transactions and product development, reviewing SEC disclosure and regulatory reporting information, communicating practices and procedures for proper financial control, working on implementation of new or revised accounting standards, ensuring compliance with Corporate Controllers accounting and governance policies and procedures, ensuring the monthly close is effective by analyzing the income statement/balance sheet/yields, ensuring compliance with GAAP, monitoring of system conversations, and working with Internal/External Auditors and Federal Reserve/OCC regulators on exams. This role applies extensive specialized knowledge and acts as an internal consultant or final authority in area of expertise.
In addition to the above, this position will be responsible for the following:
•Maintain regular interaction with front office and finance personnel regarding technical accounting matters and discuss/review new products for controller group approval.
•Technical accounting matters generally consist of consolidation, transfer accounting, fair value, derivative determination, and balance sheet netting.
•Document highly technical accounting policy memorandums that are concise and clear for senior management and Corporate Accounting Policy review.
•Financial review of three institutional broker-dealers
•Day to day management of ledger entries and providing accounting insight to business, operations, and finance personnel
•Provide product and accounting training to the larger controller group of Wells Fargo Securities
•Represent Wells Fargo Securities within applicable industry groups and accounting related industry initiatives.
•Perform corporate level SEC and Regulatory reporting relevant to products within business lines inclusive of the FCM business, GFS business, ABF Trading, Credit Trading, Repo Trading, Sec Lending, and Rates portfolios
•Obtain (if not already held) appropriate licensure for broker-dealer reporting
•Management of other team members and responsible for the work product and efficiency of the team.
1. BS/BA degree or higher in accounting
2. 4+ years of accounting experience
3. CPA-Certified Public Accountant designation
4. Strong accounting skills
5. Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
6. Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
7. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
8. Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles: statutory and GAAP
9.Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and policies
10. Understanding of commitment accounting including identification, recognition, and reporting
11. Extensive understanding of broker-dealer/investment banking activities and products
12. Strong technical accounting experience
13. SEC & Regulatory Reporting and Accounting Policy Experience
14. Broad Capital Markets product knowledge throughout the industry inclusive of investment banking, asset-backed financing, non-marke equity investments, etc
15. Product knowledge in some or all of the following areas (Investment Grade Securities, Muni Securities, Corporate debt obligations, Mortgage Backed securities, etc.)
16. Ability to lead, organize, and manage projects beginning to end that require coordinated
17. Present Salary?
18. Salary Expectation? (Salary range: Min $54, Max $96, Target $75
Charlotte, NC - accountant, controller, trading, broker, sec,...
Charlotte, NC - accountant, controller, payable, receivable, clerk,...
Charlotte, NC - controller, accounting, distributor, ledger,...
Charlotte, NC - controller, cfo, accounting staff, quickbooks,...
Charlotte, NC - controller, finance, accounting, admin, process,...
Charlotte, NC - controller, accounting manager, payable,...
Charlotte, NC - controller, accountant, quickbooks, accounting,...