Assistant Production Manager - VJDOK160818
Provide day-to-day leadership and overall guidance to production professional staff and ensure high standards of safety and environmental performance while delivering against production cost, quality and schedule objectives. Also performs duties of Production Engineer for an area of the plant.
This position will manage 7 direct reports
Primary duties and responsibilities (this list is not all inclusive other duties may be assigned):
• Supports Production Manager and works with Production Team to ensure production is
completed to meet business requirements (safely, on spec quality and on schedule)
• Ensure timely technical input provided for process or facility changes utilizing the site MOC
process, and appropriate communication and training is provided for all affected employees
• Ensure Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are written, maintained, utilized and complied
• Ensures sufficient production engineer staffing for 24/7 production operation
• Works with production staff to determine maintenance needs in a manner that is least disruptive
• Work closely with Production and Reliability Teams to prioritize and schedule all maintenance
and reliability work
• Work closely with Engineering Manger to support execution of annual Capital and Expense
project work (Production Engineers provide Process Scope and MOCs)
• Ensures timely incident (SHE, Process, Quality and Reliability) reporting, investigation and
documentation, with corrective actions identified to prevent recurrence, and followed up to
• Ensure appropriate Hazard Review for process changes or non-SOP production activities.
• Support ensuring good housekeeping is maintained in production areas
• Supervise and coach direct reports (Production Engineers and Production Staff) to ensure
organizational goals are met
• Involve team in problem solving activities with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
• Conducts safety huddles with staff on an on-going basis.
• Serves as a role model for ensuring compliance with company policies.
• Ensures compliance with all federal and state safety/environmental laws and regulations.
• Issue, verify and sign special work permits, confined space entry permits and tank entry permits.
• Ensures adequate training for operations personnel is completed
• Raw Material Demand, Production Planning and Scheduling
Required Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
1. BS Engineering (Chemical Preferred)
2. 0+ years of Chemical plant experience.
3. Demonstrated experience working with teams in a Leadership Role
4. Demonstrated experience with requirements of PSM (OSHA 1910.119)
5. Experience with major plant shutdowns, turnarounds, and start-ups
6. Must be quick learner and ready to move to Production Manager position within 9
7. Present Salary?
8. Salary Expectation? (Salary range: $112k to $115k)
9. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
Technical Recruiter/Account Manager
Charleston, SC - talent acquisition, technical recruiter,...
Volvo Car - Plant Logistics Engineer
Charleston, SC - plant, logistic, lean, packaging, man, logistics,...
Plant Engineering: Associate Mechanical Design Engineer III
North Charleston, SC - piping, mechanical design, mechanical engineer,...
Charleston, SC - piping, process engineer, plant, commissioning,...
Human Resources Manager
North Charleston, SC - chemical, resources manager, printing, hr manager,...
Assistant Production Manager
Charleston, SC - plant, chemical, engineer, reliability,...
Process Engineer (Distribution)
Charleston, SC - process engineer, autocad, warehouse, labor, plant,...