Duration: 6 months
Will performs all roles of a Desktop Support staff. Will be first contact for Support tickets and will assist Desktop Support 3 staff with harware issues and imaging staff desktop equipment
This role is focused on actual desktop support and not help desk phone support. The ideal candidate must have hands on troubleshooting experience to cover anything on the desktop.
Candidate must be able to:
-Handle difficult situations with clients and turn them into a win for the desktop support team
-work trouble tickets from system
-be a mentor to less experienced Desktop Staff, and be able to work tickets that they pass on
-solve issues desk side and through remote desktop
-answer how to questions and resolve issues related to applications, printers, connectivity
-setup and install new PC’s,
-maintain a positive outlook, be professional, and provide excellent customer service
Greater detail outlined in the skills matrix.
Some work may be required outside of M-F (7 to 5), not to exceed a 40 hour work week
More than 4 years of relevant experience and preferred education of 2 year degree or equivalent technical study
• Experienced in PC (desktop/laptop/thin client) support - both desk side and remote
• Experienced in PC operating system support - Windows 7/10 installation, patching, and troubleshooting
• Desktop - Windows XP to Windows 7 MigrationAbility to troubleshoot issues with Microsoft Office 2010/2013
• Windows networking TCP/IP Configuration and troubleshootingAbility to troubleshoot issues with Microsoft Internet Explorer 10/11
• Ability to install and troubleshoot issues with a variety of in-house developed and 3rd- party software
• Troubleshoot network printersExperienced in Windows networking TCP/IP configuration and troubleshooting
• Ability to modify system registry (regedit)
• Experienced in Google device (Chromebox/Chromebook) support
• Experienced in support of the Google Office Suite of products
• Printers - troubleshoot network printer connectivity issues
• Printers - hardware maintenance (toner/maintenance kit replacement)
• Thorough understanding of Microsoft Active Directory - client side
• Ability to use industry standard remote tools - preference for SCCM
• Experienced with hard drive encryption - encrypting, decrypting, and troubleshooting; preference for Bitlocker and Winmagic SecureDoc
• Industry certification (A+, Network+, MCP, etc.)
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 214-432-5435 for more details.
Des Moines, IA - desktop support, desktop, desk, help desk, remote,...
Des Moines, IA - desktop support, desktop, desk, remote, google,...
Des Moines, IA - desktop support, desktop, desk, support, staff,...
Des Moines, IA - desktop support, desktop, desk, remote, windows,...
Des Moines, IA - desktop support, desktop, desk, directory, sccm,...
Desktop Support Engineer
Des Moines, IA - desktop support, desktop, desk, remote,...
Desktop Support Engineer
Des Moines, IA - desktop support, desktop, desk, support engineer,...