LexisNexis, a leader in legal publishing, seeks several recently practicing attorneys with five or more years of practice experience in one or more of the following: Mergers & Acquisitions, Trademarks & Copyrights, or Real Estate.
Join an exciting new division to help draft content and develop online legal products, tools and solutions for attorneys. Recent, first-hand knowledge of the specific practice is desired, as well as knowledge of the legal process and associated workflow to help inform content development and strategic direction. This role combines the experience of a former practicing attorney with product development and marketing, as the person in this role will develop content for online legal products.
As the Attorney Editor your roles and responsibilities will be the following:
• Develop, edit and/or write practical guidance on how to conduct tasks and analyze issues relevant to the specific practice focus.
• Draft, review, and annotate relevant forms and checklists
• Manage internal editors and external authors to ensure timely delivery of content
• Help deliver a compelling and all-purpose practical guidance legal product offering across targeted markets as a member of a multi-disciplined team of content developers, product planners, IT specialists, external consultants, and marketing and sales reps
• Make recommendations concerning overall content strategy and expansion
• Monitor practice area for trends/news
• Assist in delivering customer facing messaging/marketing, sales, and customer training/customer service
• Law degree from an accredited law school
• 6+ years of practice experience as an attorney in one or more of the following:
Mergers & Acquisitions, Trademarks & Copyrights, or Real Estate.
Practice experience with large law firm (AMlaw 100)
• Excellent writing, editing, and online legal research skills
• Comfortable working in Microsoft Word, Excel, and in conducting online research
• Strong practical writer with the ability to write effectively and concisely
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• Must be organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
• Experience with editing, presenting CLEs, and/or drafting client alerts is a plus
• Active bar membership in good standing
Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Quarterly 401K Match
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
• Two Paid Volunteer Days
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Employee Assistance Program
• Health Spending, Flexible Spending & Commuter Spending Accounts
Attorney Editor -Venture Capital & Investment Management
New York, NY - attorney, editor, legal, capital, content,...
Publisher Seeks Part-Time, Telecommuting Antitrust Attorney
New York, NY - attorney, publishing, editing...
New York, NY - editor, editorial, editing, content, publishing,...
New York, NY - editor, editorial, content, editing, research,...
Trusts / Estates Attorney
New York, NY - attorney, estate, drafting, law firm,...
Mergers and Acquisitions Attorney with 3 years of corporate experience
New York, NY - attorney, office, legal, firm, law firm,...
Real Estate Attorney with 4-8 years of experience
New York, NY - attorney, estate, litigation, real, real estate,...