CORE JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Experienced Immunologist with in vivo and in vitro skills will support the discovery and development of new drugs targeting immune cells for immune-oncology indications.
• Perform in vitro and in vivo immune-oncology experiments.
• Perform in vivo experiments with tumor models.
• Maintain primary and cancer cell lines and conduct routine cell culture tasks
• Isolate primary cell populations using bead based or flow cytometry sorting technique.
• Perform mechanistic and phenotypic cellular assays. Assays include proliferation, cytokine secretion, cytotoxicity and flow cytometry based characterization.
• Analyze, interpret and present scientific data .
• Accurately maintain written reports and organize data.
• Review current literature pertaining to relevant projects
• Bachelor’s degree with 5-8 years or Master’s degree in Immunology, Cell Biology, Cancer Biology, or Molecular Biology with 2-5 years industry experience.
• Must have a solid understanding of basic T-cell biology and general immunology will be preferred.
• Experience with in vivo tumor models, including tumor volume measurement, drug dosing via various routes, injection, blood and tissue collection required, experience with syngeneic models preferred.
• Experience with cell culturing and isolation of primary cell populations and performing cellular assays such as proliferation, cytokine secretion, cytotoxicity and flow cytometry based characterization.
• Experience with 2-4 color flow cytometry is required and experience with more than 4 color flow cytometry is preferred but not required.
• Experience in a variety of cell-based assay technologies including antibody-based detection methods (e.g. Western, ELISA, MSD, Luminex, immunoprecipitation), cell imaging (immunofluorescence), functional assays such as apoptosis is preferred.
• Data analysis skills and experience with a variety of scientific software applications are required.
• Will be skilled in animal handling (mice) including drug administration by multiple routes, tumor implanting and tissue harvesting and have extensive in vitro studies experience in the area of immunology and oncology.
• Will have a good understanding of experimental designs, and be able to execute and interpret them with minimal amount of training and supervision.
• Will be very detail oriented in executing the experiments and in data acquisition and analysis.
• Will be familiar with Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Graphpad prism and have excellent written and oral communication as well as interpersonal skills to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented drug discovery environment.
Scientist, Discovery Biology, Molecular Biology and Protein Engineerin
San Diego, CA - biology, pharma, molecular, protein, scientist,...
San Diego, CA - scientist, biology, instrumentation, molecular,...
Research Associate/Associate Scientist - Product Development
San Diego, CA - scientist, molecular, biology, microbiology,...
Process Analytical Scientist
San Diego, CA - scientist, biology, microbiology, cell, qc,...
Research Associate, Discovery Biology, Protein Expression and Optimiza
San Diego, CA - biology, pharma, protein, biochemistry, molecular,...
Scientist, Structural Biology
San Diego, CA - biology, structural, chemist, protein, thermal,...
Assoc Technical Applications Scientist
San Diego, CA - scientist, biology, agriculture, molecular, grad,...