Position: Java Developer (Ref: 1952)
Location: Richmond,VA,23220,United States
Duration: 1 Years 0 Months 12 Days - Contract
Pay Rate: $70.00/hr
**Local candidates STRONGLY preferred**
We’re seeking a qualified, energetic team-player to perform Application Developer duties. The incumbent will perform analysis, design, and programming tasks in a complex environment with emerging Java/J2EE architectural patterns for the Finance Systems and may support all custom developed applications deployed. Duties will include working with the development team to ensure that designs effectively accommodate long-term maintainability, supportability, robustness, and scalability of software solutions; working with appropriate staff to ensure that designs accommodate agreed-upon business requirements and allow for reasonably expected additional and evolving requirements over time; keeping abreast of patches including minor and major version releases; evaluating merits and risks of upgrades; coordinating with appropriate staff to execute patches to deployed applications; monitoring day-to-day operational health of deployed applications; responsible for maintaining operational health of applications; and responsible for updating appropriate development documentation and knowledge base documentation.
• Must pass criminal background check.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or closely related field; or Bachelor’s Degree with equivalent combination of application development training and/or experience.
• Work experience in software & web development including enterprise Java platforms (Java/J2EE),
• Knowledge of industry best practices in source code control and configuration management.
• Work experience in software development utilizing some of the following tools/technologies: Ant, Apache, AppDynamics, JQuery, Drools, Eclipse, Filenet, GateIn, Groovy, JBoss, JSR (168/286-compliant portal development), JVM (Tuning/performance optimization), Kofax, Maven, OpenGrok, RHQ, SOLR, Spring, Spring MVC, Spring Web Flow, SQLServer (or other RDBMS), SVN, UML, and Velocity Templates.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Preferred: Post Baccalaureate studies in CS and/or Sun Certified Java Programmer, Certified JBoss Web Developer, Sun Certified Business Component Developer.
Required / Desired Skills
• Java / J2EE Architectural patterns with finance systems experience (Required 8 Years)
• EJB (Required 3 Years)
• Hibernate (Required 3 Years)
• Bachelors degree in relevant area of study (Required 1 Months)
Senior Java Developer Lead
VA - java developer, java, j2ee, security, developer,...
Richmond, VA - java, java developer, mysql, hibernate, developer,...
Senior Java Developer
VA - weblogic, java developer, java, jee, developer,...
Richmond, VA - java developer, java, developer, angularjs, layout,...
Senior Weblogic Java Developer
VA - weblogic, java, java developer, developer, jee,...
Java Developer with Full Scope Poly Clearance-VA #1677
VA - java developer, java, developer, clearance, answer,...
Java with MySQL
Richmond, VA - java, mysql, java developer, developer, web, os,...