The successful candidate will serve as an Instructional Designer of training for Power Services. This person is responsible for ensuring projects involving the design, creation, and management of high-quality and cross-functional learning programs and instructional materials are taken through Adult Learning and Instructional Design Methodologies. These Projects will focus on the delivery of non-technical and technical training.
The Instructional Designer is responsible for instructional design projects with moderate complexity as part of the Power Services Training Team, implementing world-class training by Designing, developing and evaluating the effectiveness of training.
• Coordinate with different departments involved in project
• Play a proactive role in problems identification and resolution during the project by highlighting potential areas of concern and promptly reporting these to the PM.
• Ensure project schedules are met
• Maintain current knowledge of latest industry tools and processes to ensure training is innovative, engaging, and on the cutting edge of training technology
• Serve as and collaborate with subject matter experts and conduct training needs assessments.
• Consults with key stakeholders to identify job tasks and knowledge/performance gaps
• Develops and maintains course materials in-line with ADDIE
• Conducts training needs analysis to identify the knowledge, skills and competencies required to complete job tasks efficiently and effectively
• Designs and develops creative learning solutions that include, but are not limited to, classroom training, eLearning and blended learning solutions
• Uses already developed design documents for each learning intervention based upon established learning objectives and the characteristics of a given target audience
• Writes and edits storyboards, interactive scripts, and other learning documentation
• Designs and develops print materials including participant/facilitator guides and job aids
• Ensures training materials’ content is clear, accurate, consistent, and free of spelling and grammatical errors
• Effectively manages interactions with stakeholders, including meeting facilitation, expectations setting, and on-going project correspondence
• Effectively and successfully manages multiple projects to achieve project goals and meet deadlines
*BA/BS in Instructional Design, Human Resource Development or related field required, specialized training in instructional design methodologies preferred
*Experience, in Instructional Design, Adult Education, Performance Consulting or similar area of study
*A minimum of 3-5 years of previous experience working in the above areas
*Prior experience in designing classroom, print and multimedia training
*Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
Desired Characteristics ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT:
• Ability to work in a matrixed environment
• Strong problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Knowledge of project management tools and procedures
• Ability to work within a multi-discipline, cross-functional team
• Ability to organize, assess, orchestrate, prioritize tasks, risks, resources, milestones, and deliverables
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
*Instructional design experience 3–5 years
* Ability and willingness to travel (~ 25%)
* Preferred location is Atlanta, GA.
* High level computer skillset i.e. Office Suite, Support Central
*Ability to influence and gain commitment at all levels of the organization
*Military training & leadership experience is a plus
*Previous training or facilitation experience
* Excellent written and oral communication skills to convey technical concepts to business and technical personnel
Atlanta, GA - designer, instructor, instructional, learning, led,...
Atlanta, GA - designer, instructional...
UI Solution architect
Fort Worth, TX - architect, ui, solution architect, jsp, soa, fort,...
Atlanta, GA - designer, instructional...
Instructional Designer III
Atlanta, GA - designer, instructor, instructional, led, mapping,...
Atlanta, GA - designer, depot, instructional, learning, design,...
Atlanta, GA - designer, instructional, course, tool, learning,...