160647 R&D Test Lab Technician (2nd Shift)
Our customer located in Auburn Hills, MI is seeking an R&D Test Lab Technician (2nd Shift) for a direct hire position.
The salary range for this position is dependent upon level of experience.
This is a 2nd shift position. The schedule is from 3:30pm to 12:00am midnight, Monday through Friday.
Some occasional overtime may be available / required, including the occasional weekend.
Supports testing activities with R&D and Project Managers from design to production. Implements testing procedures for systems and equipment. Adheres to testing specifications and ensures testing procedures are compliant with standards. Documents testing procedures for all phases.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Participate in pre-test meetings, setup and perform laboratory tests, preliminary analysis and summary of test results data, verify compliance with customer specifications and company Work Instructions draft test reports for review by Test / Product Engineers.
• Contribute to selection of test procedures and measurement equipment necessary to meet customer specifications for performance and accuracy.
• Support offsite testing as needed.
• Perform after hours and weekend test checks as needed.
• Fabricates and modifies test fixtures to meet test requirements (coordinate with vendors as required).
• Applies appropriate computer programs and data acquisition systems, performs program customizations as required.
• Maintain documentation control (test requests, log sheets, pre-test inspection record, test data, test reports, etc.). Review, updating and generation of Laboratory Work Instructions as required.
• Proper Sample Disposition (packaging and storage) per department guidelines.
• Utilize appropriate Quality Tools (i.e. non-conformance, 5W2H, etc.) for identification of non-quality concerns and root cause investigation.
• Develop and maintain appropriate level of knowledge of test & measurement equipment operation, including all safety and environmental precautions.
• Perform routine maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs on test equipment.
• Perform in-house calibration of equipment, as well as coordinate calibration with vendors, as required. In-house calibrations to be performed only by certified personnel.
• Assist with equipment and lab supplies purchases.
• Accurate / timely reporting of TRS (machine uptime) to promote lab efficiency.
• Daily recording of hours worked per program using company-standard software (i.e. Cordys / PWA / EPM).
• Involvement in training of other laboratory technicians and personnel based on level of expertise.
• Participate in the established procedures to ensure compliance with the requirements of the company roadmaps, TS16949, ISO14001, and OHSAS18001 standards at the company facilities.
• Associate’s Degree (2 year degree) or equivalent experience is strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience within the automotive industry is strongly preferred.
• Requires technical knowledge and mechanical aptitude with heat transfer, fluid dynamics, thermal dynamics, airflow, automotive thermal systems, powertrain cooling components and systems, and/or automotive HVAC systems and components.
• Requires strong attention to detail.
• Requires skills and knowledge in the use and application of testing and operating equipment.
• Lifting: 20 to 30 lbs.
• Standing / Sitting: 60% / 40%.
HOW TO APPLY
Forward your resume in MS-WORD document format via separate email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “160647 R&D Test Lab Technician (2nd Shift)” in the subject line of your email. Please DO NOT use the “Apply Now” feature.
Only those candidates that are eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship will be considered. The selected candidate will be required to pass a Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, and must provide 2 – 3 Professional References (Manager, Immediate Supervisor, etc.).
We appreciate your interest in The DAKO Group. After careful review and consideration of your resume, we will contact you directly if we are interested in pursuing a further assessment.
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS OR FAXES!
Test Lab Technician II
Rochester, MI - metal, welding, lab technician, mill, press, lathe,...
Lab Technician - Electrical
Southfield, MI - lab technician, soldering, lab, electrical,...
Livonia, MI - 2nd, distributor, 2nd shift, shift, quality,...
Auburn Hills, MI - mechanical, 2nd, tier, result, operator, talent,...
R&D Test Engineer
Auburn Hills, MI - test engineer, heat, test, hvac, lab, laboratory,...
Warehouse Staff 2nd Shift
Warren, MI - steel, 2nd, 2nd shift, parts, heat, warehouse,...
Lab Technician II Product Development, Energy Curable Technology
Southfield, MI - lab technician, chemistry, printing, chemical,...