The Southeast Aerospace Business Development Manager, Government Programs will help Southeast Aerospace grow and expand by creating contacts and relationships with new and existing Aerospace and Defense customers for potential aircraft modification business.
Duties and Responsibilities
New Business Development
• Review existing customer base for potential aircraft modification business
• Monitor government Request For Information (RFI) and Request For Proposal (RFP) opportunities and develop a strategy and response with the Program Management Office (PMO) to capture these opportunities
• Research and build relationships with new customers.
• Negotiate contracts alongside the PMO.
• Follow-up with and visit existing customers to identify any upcoming requirements that SEA can assist with.
• Work with the PMO, engineering and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
Business Development Planning
• Attend industry functions, such as association events, conferences, industry days and provide feedback and information on market trends.
• Develop a strategy to increase Southeast Aerospace presence in the U.S. government aviation community.
• Identify opportunities that will lead to an increase in sales.
Management and Research
• Submit progress reports.
• Enter and manage data accurately within the company’s CRM or other system.
• Forecast and meet sales targets by the team.
• Track and record activity on proposal: elp to close deals to meet targets.
• Work with QA to ensure that prerequisites are fulfilled on time..
• Present business development training/mentoring to internal staff.
• Prefer a bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of sales or business development experience in Aerospace and Defense, particularly aircraft modifications.
• Government contracts exposure is a plus.
• Veteran status is preferred.
• DOT/FAA Pre-hire and random drug testing.
• Acceptable background check for required matters.
• US Citizen for required matters - US Persons as defined in 22CFR 120.15.
• E Verify I-9 after hire.
The Business Development Manager working conditions usually consist of an office environment, but may sometimes require the Business Development Managers to non-standard workplace locations. The Business Development works within a standard work week, but may be required to work some evening shifts and weekends. Travel, 50% - Business class, Int'l flights of 5 hours or greater.
There are no particular strenuous physical requirements for the Business Development position; however certain environmental conditions that are associated with an office workspace may elevate certain sensory demands. These demands may range from eyestrain from computers for long periods of time to any noise and activity disturbances produced from an active office environment. Travel via: your own personal automobile, and airlines.
Health, Dental, 401K-Profit Sharing, Vacation.
401(k) and profit sharing at eligibility.
Benefits available for the employee and dependents: Health and Dental premiums fully paid by Southeast Aerospace for employee and legal dependents.
Expanded Job Description and resume submit at the Careers section on the About Us page of the Southeast Aerospace website.
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to request a reasonable accommodation by:
Instructions at the Careers section on the About Us page of the Southeast Aerospace website.
Southeast Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Southeast Aerospace, Inc. not to discriminate against qualified individuals because of their physical or mental disabilities or veteran status and to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified covered veterans.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/individuals with Disabilities.
Program Manager Aircraft Modifications
Melbourne, FL - aircraft, aerospace, program manager, pmo, manager,...
Avionics Systems Engineer
Melbourne, FL - aircraft, avionics, designer, project engineer,...
Engineer Reliability 1
Melbourne, FL - aircraft, aerospace, reliability, process control,...
Melbourne, FL - export, aerospace, mining, chain, engineering,...
Melbourne, FL - aircraft, structural, mechanical, aviation, mro,...
Project Manager - Aerospace Facility Design
Melbourne, FL - aerospace, architect, aviation, project,...
Sr. Project Manager - Aerospace Facility Design
Melbourne, FL - aviation, aerospace, project, construction,...