Our client is the investment division of a large governmental entity in Atlanta, and has approximately $60B in assets under management.
Working intricately with a small accounting team, the Investment Accountant will play a key role in the accounting and financial reporting for two retirement systems. Each retirement system has a diversified portfolio that is invested domestically and globally across a broad range of asset classes including public equity, fixed income and alternative investments.
The Division’s reporting requirements follow GASB and this individual will be required to stay current with the reporting requirements of GASB.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Prepare and maintain investment accounting records in accordance with GAAP, GASB and State statutes.
• Prepare monthly and annual financial reports for internal reporting
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for external reporting
• Assist in the annual financial audits for both retirement systems, including preparing audit schedules for auditors, providing requested financial documentation, preparing initial drafts of the audited financial statements and note disclosures. Coordinate annual financial audit and assist external auditors during fieldwork.
• Prepare additional schedules required for the annual Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) for both retirement systems
• Research, analyze and implement new GASB pronouncements as applicable to the Division
• Assist in daily processing of the time weighted rate of return for both retirement systems, with scheduled distributions
• Prepare and maintain the consolidated annual internal budget for management, requesting and compiling budget data from key Division supervisors
• Maintain all investment accounting records, archiving with adherence to Division document retention requirements.
• Implement and maintain appropriate internal controls
The successful candidate must have a CPA minimum of ten years of investment accounting experience, with the ability to become the supervisor of the accounting group within two years. This individual must have an in-depth understanding of the requirements for a strong internal control environment and knowledge of Excel, combined with business and technical writing skills. The candidate must be detail-oriented and be able to analyze and resolve accounting issues. Additional qualifications include:
• Knowledge of GAAP, generally accepted auditing standards and policies and procedures established by GASB
• Investment accounting experience
• Strong financial analysis and problem solving skills
• Experience in dealing with both internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to read, understand and interpret financial reports and related materials
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
• Effective verbal, written, analytical and organizational skills
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work with stringent deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
For additional information or to apply, please contact Andrea Forrest at (720) 206-6546 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Atlanta, GA - accountant, auditor, audit, public, accounting,...
Senior Tax Accountant
Atlanta, GA - accountant, tax, accounting, c.p.a.,...
Accountant I (Fixed Asset)
Atlanta, GA - accountant, process, fixed, internal, accounting,...
Accounting Operations - Accounting Assistant / Accountant
Atlanta, GA - accountant, accounting assistant, accounting,...
Atlanta, GA - accountant, accounting, expense, audit, firm,...
Senior Accountant (Kennesaw)
Atlanta, GA - accountant, finance, accounting, audit, bank,...
Atlanta, GA - accountant, accounting, quickbooks, financial,...