Position: Systems Engineer (Ref: 1949)
Location: Harrisburg,PA,17101,United States
Duration: 10 Months 1 Days - Contract
Pay Rate: $40.00/hr
Application Deadline: 12/02/2016
***This requisition requires onsite In-Person first round interviews only. ***
***Client would prefer candidates local to the Harrisburg, PA Area. ***
• Weekend, shift work, holiday, on-call, and overtime may be required.
• Work may require lifting equipment/supplies
• Work may require travel to and from the various locations.
• Maintain and monitor all network, security and computer systems to meet the organization's current and future requirements
• Responsible for management, maintenance and architecture of storage, virtualized environment, servers, network devices, and productivity tools
• Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively
• Work within strict time frames and elevate incidents within defined time-frames
• Test all changes to networks, hardware, software, and hosted applications
• Deploy application code through development lifecycle in coordination with development teams
• Monitors service delivery compliance to budget, quality standards and customer and business stakeholder requirements
• Cater to doing infrastructure coordination related to design and setup activities at different stages of a project
• Work with various vendors and service providers to ensure productive environment
• Resolve issues and prepare status reviews and reports
• Professionally represent the infrastructure team as a technical consultant on projects.
• Maintain the necessary project plans and documentation of all system builds and modifications
• Interact and coordinate with vendors, suppliers, distributors and contract consultants
• Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends
• Maintain good working relationships with all service providers and vendor to ensure that services received meet expected requirements of contract
• Determines server sizing and configuration, printer configuration, bandwidth analysis and capacity planning.
• Assists in the development of configuration standards.
• Installs/configures servers and server software/drivers.
• Monitors the availability of updates/upgrades to all server hardware, tests and installs updates/upgrades.
• Performs Network Management functions using various management and monitoring tools available including sophisticated network management systems.
• Develops procedures and scripts for Service Desk.
• Employs Remedy software to report calls and call clearance and change management activities
• Places service calls for servers and network equipment.
• Work with partners and employees including IT coordinators in deployment activities.
• Attend meetings with developers, users, and partners.
• Proactively plans for business continuity and disaster avoidance.
• Creates/updates disaster recovery plans.
• Participates in disaster recovery drills.
• Provide all required information to assure a complete and accurate equipment inventory.
• Unpack/pack computer equipment.
• Perform related duties as required.
Competencies and Experience:
• Solid technical background in a client/server environment including infrastructure networks, hardware, software and telecommunications
• Good knowledge of security as it relates to network and server infrastructure
• Experience using automated monitoring tools
• Ability to identify incident trends in order to elevate incidents in accordance with standard protocols
• Able to gather relevant information systematically to troubleshoot and resolve issues
• Ability to analyze network packet captures
• Experience with distributed web application hosting
• Experience with Microsoft clustering technologies
• Experience with multi domain Active Directory forests
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
• Good attention to detail, testing and documentation
• Knowledge of ITIL and industry best practices
• Strong virtualization experience using VMWare vSphere
• Ability to maintain good working relationships with third party service providers and vendors
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent as well as a minimum of 3 years’ experience or Associates degree in computer science or related field and 4 years’ experience.
• Certifications: MCSE required.
• Specific knowledge required in the following areas:
• Microsoft Server Operating Systems, MS IIS, VMware vSphere
• In-depth knowledge of PC operations, printer operations, file server operations, print server operations, and network operations.
• Strong knowledge of Windows and Windows products, personal computer software set up and installation, PC connectivity products and PC hardware connectivity.
• Strong knowledge of enterprise architecture technologies including load balancing, DNS and certificates
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio)
• Demonstrated ability to establish and meet work schedules within limited time frames and under tight deadlines and a willingness to work off hours as the need arises in support of changes to the LANs and WANs.
• Effective verbal communication skills are required to work with all levels of the organization including management, vendors, and various personnel. Effective writing skills are required in order to document work performed.
• Superior interpersonal and customer service skills required including ability to work effectively in a team environment. High level of proficiency in effective problem solving required.
Required / Desired Skills
• Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems ( 5 Years)
• Microsoft IIS (Required 5 Years)
• Microsoft SQL Server (Required 5 Years)
• Microsoft .NET (Required 5 Years)
• Microsoft Clustering Technologies (Required 5 Years)
• Active Directory (Required 5 Years)
• Network Security (Required 5 Years)
• VMWare vSphere (Required 5 Years)
• DNS (Required 5 Years)
Harrisburg, PA - vmware, engineer, systems engineer, printer,...
Harrisburg, PA - systems engineer, virtual, dba, engineer, vmware,...
Windows/Web Server Administrator
Harrisburg, PA - administrator, server, .net, directory, printer,...
Info Security Engineer
Harrisburg, PA - access, technology, security, review, information,...
Mechanicsburg, PA - support, medical, analyst, integration, system,...
Business and Management - Entry Level/Full Time
PA - administration, management, hr, message, personal,...
HR Support Center SupervisorManager
Hershey, PA - hr, sap, brazil, support, master data, paper, loan,...