Job title: IT Auditor
Job type: Direct hire
Job function: Accounting/Auditing
Industry: Financial Services
Experience level: Associate
Education level: Bachelor’s degree
Job classification: Professionals
Compensation: Maximum $75,000
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Zip code: 07030
Skills: Solid analytical, problem solving, organization, and project management skills., Interpersonal skills and good communication, Clear writing and effective presentation skills, Solid understanding of operating systems, applications and databases, such as Windows, UNIX/LINUX, Oracle and SQL database management systems, network security, and applications, particularly Oracle Financials, Hyperion, and PeopleSoft.
Experience required: 4 Years
Relocation assistance: No
Visa requirement: Only US citizens and Green card holders
Number of positions: 1
Reporting to an IT Audit Senior Director, the Staff IT auditor participates in information technology audits, sitting in on-audit planning meetings, performing field work and other engagements under supervision or joining operational and financial audit teams at various organization’s entities. The businesses audited vary from employee benefits consulting services to complex insurance and reinsurance brokerage. Our audits vary in size and complexity from small field offices to large, regional data centers. Our company’s Internal Audit focuses on the “objectives, risks, and controls” perspective, derived from the original COSO study and related auditing frameworks. The ideal candidate will learn how to assess the risks associated with various business objectives and help evaluate the controls in place to mitigate those risks. From an IT perspective, this means understanding the businesses and supporting IT to ascertain whether the IT environment (including applications, data centers, server rooms, operating systems, processes such as change management and information security and their controls) is effective and protected. The Staff IT auditor will contribute facts to communications about audit findings for local management; for IT audit this may include both OpCo and MGTI management.
• Assist in planning engagements based on IT risks as related to the business
• Help obtain a detailed understanding of an entity’s operations, including major systems, specific policies and procedures, and industry standards
• Prepare work papers and coordinate receipt of audit materials required to analyze, test and evaluate the entity’s control environment
• Assist in conducting interviews, walkthroughs, and document results
• Examine documentation and evaluate procedures in the control environment
• Document conclusions; organize and reference work papers for supervisory review
• Identify control weaknesses, help assess their financial or other impact
• Help draft audit report findings for review at the closing meeting
• Participate in closing meetings at the end of fieldwork, providing clear explanations for our findings and ratings, as required
• Actively pursue certifications and continuing professional education in line with the department's needs and auditor career development
Qualifications/experience and abilities
• Undergraduate degree in information technology or joint business/accounting and MIS degree are acceptable
• Minimum of 1-2 years’ information technology and/or audit experience is critical
• Experience in insurance, broking, or other financial services is a plus
• Solid understanding of operating systems, applications and databases, such as Windows, UNIX/LINUX, Oracle and SQL database management systems, network security, and applications, particularly Oracle Financials, Hyperion, and PeopleSoft.
• Ability to understand the relationship between information technology and business issues
• Ability to travel (30 - 40%), including international travel
• Solid analytical, problem solving, organization, and project management skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Interpersonal skills and good communication are essential.
• Clear writing and effective presentation skills
Desirable traits include
• Sound business judgement, and tact
• This team is looking for an Internal Auditor - Computer Science candidate with Audit experience from one of the big 4 accounting firms.
• Bilingual is a HUGE plus
• Computer Science Degree
• Strong in Audit Methodology.
• LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
We are a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. We help clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – their people. Company has 60,000 employees are based in more than 100 countries.
Company offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds,
heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.
Hoboken, NJ - carpenter, auditor, peoplesoft, hyperion, oracle,...
Hoboken, NJ - auditor, peoplesoft, hyperion, audit, oracle, mis,...
Hoboken, NJ - auditor, audit, peoplesoft, information technology,...
Hoboken, NJ - auditor, peoplesoft, audit, hyperion, oracle, mis,...
Jersey City, NJ - hyperion, peoplesoft, pmo, project, itil, tool,...
New York, NY - hyperion, project, document, should, ba,...
Senior IT Auditor
New York, NY - auditor, audit, it, management, db2, report,...