Job title: Global Total Rewards/Work Day Project Manager
Job type: Direct hire
Job function: Management
Industry: Financial Services
Experience level: Mid-senior
Education level: Bachelor’s degree
Job classification: Professionals
Compensation: $111,000 - $130,000
Location: New York City, NY
Skills: MS Office, Outlook, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, leadership skills., facilitation skills.
Experience required:5 Years
Number of positions:1
This position operates with substantial latitude for un-reviewed actions and decisions. The position requires contributing to the unit through the knowledge and expertise of a service, product and/or business. It is necessary to use experience and knowledge to persuade and gain commitment for recommendations for change and to lead others to new insights about problems and/or opportunities. The job calls for identifying new trends and potential opportunities to generate new ideas for product/service improvements.
• Manages project work associated with specific working teams in the space of Total Rewards
• Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of job structures and roles.
• Explore the needs and expectations of potential projects.
• Document findings and potential solutions.
• Develop and maintain a work plan for a project team.
• Set up and maintain records pertaining to project scheduling activities (e.g., timelines, critical path).
• Manage the process by which projects are organized and produced. Identify, track, and manage issues related to the project.
• Accurately identify and anticipate key elements/resources necessary to accomplish the project such as equipment, software, services, staff, operational procedures, training, communication and change strategy, and documentation.
• Establish priorities and deadlines.
• Provide project costs and time estimates, and monitor progress. Identify risks and develop risk mitigation plans.
• Manage projects by identifying necessary metrics, managing and delivering to established metrics, and communicating progress of metrics throughout the life of the project.
• Coordinate administrative activities and maintains contact with the team.
• Participate and conduct regular project meetings with appropriate resources.
• Requires sound investigative, diagnostic, and questioning techniques.
• Evaluate the project after completion and shares pertinent information (e.g., identifying opportunities missed, contributions made by team members).
• Follow established project management procedures and guidelines and requires the use of judgment skills to resolve issues that are outside of normal operating procedures.
• Deliver on-time and on-budget projects using a disciplined methodology.
• Respond to delivery schedules with appropriate level of urgency and perspicacity.
• Optimize use of time and resources to achieve desired results.
• Identify documents and manage out-of-scope activities as appropriate.
• Rely on other members of the project management team for assistance and direction with complex tasks or problems.
• Provides logistical and team communication support
• Maintain an open, transparent, and supportive communication and partnership environment within all work streams and stakeholders.
• Coordinate the collection and dissemination of information from various sources, both internal (e.g., information identified by the project team) and external (e.g., stakeholders, customers) that can be used for benchmarking, decision making, or just for informational purposes.
• Prepare regular status and communications to stakeholders on project status.
• Use project meetings to ensure that all major aspects of the project are covered/communicated and to provide creative solutions to problems that might arise (e.g., timing issues in completing the project on time).
• Make suggestions for increasing process effectiveness and improving image/quality of project.
• Documents project and shares knowledge within company
• Act as a support source for other HR colleagues. Assist in user documentation and training materials with an emphasis on stakeholder/customer needs and objectives.
• Support a team environment of continuous feedback and idea sharing. Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and annual administrative duties (e.g., time entry, project status updates, career development goals, self-assessments). Reconcile budget and billing for assigned projects.
Five years’ experience successfully managing projects. Previous experience with Job Standardization & Workday. Familiarity with problem structuring and resource allocation.
Knowledge and skills
• Complete and thorough knowledge of project management techniques, concepts, and tools.
• Proficient in tools used in support of office and project management (e.g., MS Office, Outlook, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel).
• Ability to create detailed time-phased project plans with limited oversight.
• Familiarity with problem structuring and resource allocation.
• Ability to define deliverables and provide frequent updates, resulting in high quality work product.
• Strong capability to deliver executive-ready work product with limited guidance.
• Skilled in taking complex ideas and creating frameworks and other approaches to clearly communicate ideas and gain support.
• Ability to structure, plan, execute and analyze primary research through a variety of methods with manager guidance (e.g. interviews, focus groups, surveys) under guidance of Project Management Leader and work stream leaders.
• Strong secondary research skills to leverage third party studies, benchmarking, and best practices.
• Thoughtful quantitative skills, including ability to clean, combine, and analyze data.
• Ability to ‘look beyond the numbers’ to call out meaningful insights; using data to tell a story and gain support.
• Ability to create deep working relationships across functional, geographic and line of business boundaries.
• Experience navigating detailed functional processes (e.g. IT, legal, finance, marketing) in a complex environment.
• Possesses excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Displays very good written communication, verbal and listening skills.
• Exhibits very good facilitation skills.
• Demonstrates very good leadership skills.
• Uses sound judgment skills in making decisions.
• Deals effectively with ambiguity in projects.
• Shows respect for confidentiality.
• Has ability to build relationships across HR and key stakeholders.
• Behaves in an influential and thoughtful manner.
• Acts as an outgoing citizen of the Global HR team.
Courses and certification in project management are a plus.
• This candidate will need to have a background in Workday Implementation.
• Candidate must have a background in COMPENSATION, TOTAL REWARDS AND HR.
• Candidate must be local to NYC
We are a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. We help clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – their people. Company has 60,000 employees are based in more than 100 countries.
Company offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds,
heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.
Global Total Rewards/Work Day Project Manager - 1
New York, NY - project, hr, secondary, workday,...
Human Resource Transformation - Workday Manager - Integration
New York, NY - workday, hr, human resource, power, manager,...
New York, NY - labeling, pharmaceutical, hr, project,...
Global Total Rewards/Work Day Projects Lead - 1
New York, NY - project, secondary, hr, research,...
Chief of Staff to CHRO
New York, NY - hr, chief, calibration, project, data, builder,...
VDI Desktop Consultant
Jersey City, NJ - citrix, desktop, cisco, hp, migration, city,...
Account Manager - RWS
New York, NY - program, placement, resources, services, account,...