** Just heard from them and we're updated the job order and removing the Flat Products out of the description. Also they need two hires. We need a candidate with Quality Control experience in a steel plant or similar.
Search For: steel, quality control, steel plant, metals.
Position Title Quality Control Engineer - Steel - KY #3459
Location Ghent Kentucky
Company in Northern Kentucky looking for a Quality Control Engineer for Steel Products.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for providing professional quality engineering service and technical support involving technical quality, in-process quality, and customer service. Supports total quality program to improve cost, productivity, yields and customer requirements.
The QC Engineer will focus on internal quality, process and metallurgical control, process & new equipment development, as well as external/customer quality, process control and metallurgical development for end use applications, and new product development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Develops Product Standard Manual including product specifications, tolerances, mechanical properties, etc. for distribution to all customers in order to promote a better understanding of products and product identification.
2. Communicates customer requirements to all affected employees in order to maximize understanding of customers' needs and increases customer service through fewer errors, claims or complaints.
3. Develops, defines and implements standardized routing practices for inclusion in AS400 and Level II computers to insure consistent and repetitive process routing for maximum quality
4. Studies and researches customer product needs to insure the proper application of products to meet the specific customer end use requirements and maximize customer relationships.
5. Develops, researches and defines annealing conditions to maximize AP lines' capacity, quality and cost savings.
6. Operates within standards and quality practices; ASTM testing standards; ASTM, ASME, AMS minimum mechanical properties and dimensional tolerances; and customer product specifications.
7. Format Data Entry, format requests from inside sales to be reviewed and responded to the issuing person the same day.
8. Material disposition at finishing lines (quality solution). This can be considered the last step at involved in Quality Control's participation in order follow-up, to be completed of last process date. Special process verification of CAP processed material.
9. Order Follow Up, Critical orders (defined by nature of applications, Sales or Past performance) to be followed up by Quality Control. This includes identifying critical needs of the order, communicating these critical needs to the proper section within the organization, monitoring and controlling the critical needs during the critical stages of production and assisting Material Control in ensuring on-time delivery of product.
10. Customer Claims and Complaints, Customer claims or complaints received from customer, field or inside sales to be reviewed, analyzed and dispositioned within 72 hours. In case of situations requiring customer visits, these dispositions to be done within 2 to 3 weeks of the
initial claim notification. This also involves follow up and dispositioning of returning material.
11. Customer visits. Visits to be included are initial visits for establishing customer specification requirements, follow up visits for product evaluation and visits for evaluating claims and complaints.
12. Customer Support, This support activity mainly involves technical support offered to the customer involving new products or product sold by the company to the customer.
13. Melt Shop/Hot Mill/Cold Mill/Long Products internal quality review & analysis.
14. This section of QC is responsible for reporting productivity status and managing special in-house projects.
15. Internal Quality- Analyzes quality by line, crew, data collection. Assists in determining appropriate corrective actions.
16. Production & Productivity Analysis- Analyzes production and productivity by-line, data collection and analysis, during down time and slow downs.
17. Yield - analyzes yields by line, crew and recommends improvements for production lines.
18. Areas of focus for analysis will be Melt Shop, Hot Rolling, Cold Rolling. All areas integrated with these processing facilities are within the scope of responsibility for the Engineer.
Bachelor's in Engineering. Metallurgical/Material Science or Mechanical Engineering.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Metallurgical Science, Material Science or Mechanical Engineering or related.
2. 2+ years of Quality Control experience in a steel plant or similar setting.
Quality Control --2nd & 3rd shift
Grand Rapids, MI - plant, quality control, 3rd shift, control, hr,...
Grand Rapids, MI - welding, plant, steel, tig, fork,...
work in Grandville
Grandville, MI - steel, plant, metal, recycling, manpower, 2nd,...
Maintenance Technician Assistant- Willing to Train
Grand Rapids, MI - welding, plant, steel, tig, maintenance technician,...
Millwright and Foremen Industrial Construction
Grand Rapids, MI - steel, construction, feed, fabrication, grain,...
Structural Engineer - Pre-Stressed Concrete
Grand Rapids, MI - structural, plant, engineer, steel, concrete,...
Grand Rapids, MI - steel, detailing, detailer, grand, supply,...