Job title: Continuous Improvement Manager
Job type: Direct hire
Job function: Management
Experience level: Mid-senior
Education level: Bachelor’s degree
Job classification: Professionals
Compensation: $91,000 - $110,000
Location: Moundsville, WV
Skills: WCM program, TPM (autonomous maintenance, professional maintenance and early equipment management, Statistical Process Control (SPC)
Experience required:6 Years
Relocation assistance: Yes
Visa requirement: Only US citizens and Green card holders
Number of positions:1
Consistent with company’s Gypsum Vision, Mission, Values and Objectives, the Continuous Improvement Manager provides the leadership for employees to implement corporate continuous improvement program, World Class Manufacturing (WCM), throughout the site. WCM is a global initiative that is key to our future, and this position will actively ensure that our plants and its employees have the appropriate skills, tools and implementation plans to deliver world-class results.
• Reports directly to the Plant Manager and is a key member of the plant management team. If required, will be responsible to fill in as Plant Manager in his or her absence.
• Provides leadership and direction to both the management team and production/operations workforce in the implementation of WCM.
• Working through influence, acts as a principal change agent for site and coordinates initiatives with the Regional WCM Champion.
• Provides an accident free worksite while maintaining status as the preferred supplier of quality products and service with a goal of world class yield, availability, and reliability.
• Continuously evaluates workplace for safety concerns and ensures behavioral safety initiatives are performed to goal levels.
• Models company Vision, Mission and Values and ensure employee’s model the same.
• Ensures WCM operating standards and tools are implemented in the most effective and sustainable way with all individuals at site.
• Supports the management team in the review of progress and the identification and implementation of countermeasures to ensure the WCM program is achieved.
• Ensures communications are fully deployed and answer questions/points of clarification in a timely manner to deliver the required understanding and commitment to WCM toolset.
• Coaches and supports teams to meet the deadlines of the WCM program milestone plan which includes regular auditing that is critical for pace and standard. Ensures Change Management is alive and well on all improvements.
• Collects and stratifies the loss data for the plant and distributes this data to the pillar owners monthly.
• Enters loss data into the cost deployment models every six month and ensure the priorities of the site are in agreement with the cost deployment.
• Collects, collates and analyzes data to chart progress of the site against the WCM plan and recommend countermeasures to overcome adverse variances.
• In liaison with Engineering, Technical and Operational functions defines, establishes, fully deploys and continuously improves “best practices” for process, engineering or working procedures across the site, sharing successes with peers.
• Participates in budget approvals for the launch of programs in the plant both in terms of expenses and capital investments.
• Has latitude for non-reviewed actions and the exercise of independent judgment and discretion with established policies and procedures. Shares responsibility for department budgets and performance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• The complexity of the job comes from the level of knowledge and experience in the plant about WCM and the different aspects it involves.
• Effectively handle resistance to change situations by utilizing strong team building, motivating and coaching skills.
• Function as a leader for one or more of the WCM pillars. • Performs other related duties and responsibilities as needed and / or requested by management.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s Degree in technical field, or five (5) years of equivalent training and experience that provides a comprehensive understanding of Lean / World Class principles and practices may be substituted for a degree.
• Six to eight (6-8) years of applied professional experience working in manufacturing, process engineering or technical project development.
• Strong working knowledge in the various principles and practices of the firm’s WCM program which include focused improvement, TPM (autonomous maintenance, professional maintenance and early equipment management), quality and process control including Statistical Process Control (SPC), 5S, standardized work and other WCM / Lean principles.
• Proven success in managing significant changes.
• Previous supervisory experience.
• Ability to provide leadership and innovation at all levels of the organization.
• Change management and conflict management skills.
• Strong influencer and communicator.
• Results driven, flexible and open-minded with good written and oral communication. • Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
PREFERRED OR DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field.
• Three (3) years of proven applied professional experience in Lean / World Class principles and practices.
• Three (3) years of experience in a manufacturing leadership position.
• Previous experience in gypsum industry.
• Proven ability with success to be an outstanding coach and leader.
• Advanced Microsoft Office Suite proficiency.
Responsible for the cost deployment and the ties to the Manufacturing Business Plan. Participates in appropriation of capital expenses in coordination with plant manager.
No direct supervision but coordinates the work of many across departments and/or the organization through influence.
Works in a manufacturing plant environment with limited HVAC, concrete floors, and exposure to industrial noise, dust, chemicals and temperature changes. Normal plant operation is 24 hours, 7 days a week and work hours may vary depending on business needs. May require long hours, and weekend and holiday work. May require travel by air and rental cars.
Must be capable of wearing personal protective equipment necessary to comply with government and company safety standards whenever engineered methods of reducing hazards or physical requirements cannot be reasonably accommodated. Job includes tasks that require walking, bending, twisting, gripping, stair and ladder climbing, entering confined spaces, navigating rough terrain and occasional lifting of up to 75 lbs. May require long periods of sitting, walking, standing, working on a computer or engaging in telephone.
• This manager will be managing the facilities processes at the plant
• Kaizen and Six Sigma certifications. Candidate must demonstrate on resume that they were constantly improving the plant processes.
• No direct reports in this role.
• This is a Continuous Line Manufacturing Plant and the candidate must have this past experience... please include this info in the resume.
It is North America’s leading brand of sustainable exterior and interior building products. Headquartered in Malvern, Pa., it has helped shape the building products industry for more than 100 years, through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products. Founded in 1904, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," quickly inspired the name. It is the world’s largest building products company, and it is North America’s leading brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, gypsum and ceilings.
They have a staff of more than 5,700 employees and operate more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. For five consecutive years, the company has received top honors from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for its contributions in protecting the environment and was most recently the recipient of the 2013 ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence Award. The group had total sales of approximately $3.3 billion in 2012.
Continuous Improvement Engineer
Harrisburg, PA - lean, plant, chemical, sigma, lean manufacturing,...
Senior Continuous Improvement Manager
Cedar Falls, IA - lean, plant, lean manufacturing, autocad,...
Continuous Improvement Manager
Starkville, MS - lean, plant, waste, lean manufacturing,...
Six Sigma Black Belt ( JRB)
Columbus, MS - black, sigma, belt, six sigma, black belt, lean,...
New Martinsville, WV - plant manager...
Plant Manager, Meadowlands
Washington, PA - plant manager, plant, mfg, lean, manufacturing,...
Quality Manager/Gypsum or Paper Manufacturing/WCM
Moundsville, WV - quality manager, plant, plant manager,...