Job title: Mercer Sales Professional
Job type: Direct hire
Job function: Sales
Industry: Financial Services
Experience level: Mid-senior
Education level: Bachelor’s degree
Job classification: Professionals
Compensation: $100,000-$125,000 + uncapped commission plan and possible bridge of 40% for the first year.
Location: Atlanta, GA / Houston, TX
Skills: excellent communication skills, Sales professional with experience selling Health and Benefits solutions for mid-sized and large companies., Experience selling in the HR space, Experience selling to CFO's and Business Leaders
Experience required:10 Years
Relocation assistance: No
Visa requirement: Only US citizens and green card holders
Number of positions: 3
The purpose of this position is to manage all aspects of prospect development from pre-sale through close. This includes developing referral sources, identifying new clients that match the business client profile, and ensuring a consistent flow of new revenue for the practice.
This position handles large, complex, and high volume accounts, and focuses activity on specific targets. Requires advanced sales training to compete within the industry. Possesses long term, multi-year sales and revenue goals. Identifies additional opportunities to cross-sell products. Proficient in all lines of business. Acts as a mentor and provides feedback to other sales professionals.
o Identifies and actively pursues potential new business opportunities.
o Leads the coordination of organizational resources necessary to drive a sale to completion.
o Identifies potential referral sources and develops relationships through personal contact and presentation of the practice’s resources.
o Qualifies prospects based on practice’s guidelines for new business.
o Identifies external and internal referral sources and partners closely with those sources.
o Leads in the creation of sales proposals and presentations and works with the referral source partner to coordinate the delivery of these presentations to prospects.
o Transitions a qualified prospect or new client to a client executive and supports the client executive in implementation of new business deals and transitions client to account management status.
o Utilizes information sources internally and externally to gather appropriate data to properly position business to prospect.
o Develops sales strategies for increasing target market sales and manages the execution of these strategies.
o Generates additional revenue opportunities by introducing and leveraging other business products and services as appropriate.
o Incorporates and regularly practices techniques introduced through sales training to continuously enhance skills and related performance.
o Ensures that up-to-date prospective client information is maintained in the database.
o Ensures that all regulatory requirements are met and complies with all internal policies and procedures.
o Completes outbound follow up calls and makes cold calls.
• Experience selling into senior HR/Finance space (Y/N)
• Local contacts/networks in the buyer space (Y/N)
• Success with long/complex sales cycles (Length of typical sales process – can be 1-2 years for these roles)
• Understanding of Sales activity generation (research/networking/cold calling/gaining appointments/oversight of a sophisticated process and selling cycle) (Examples)
• Experience unseating an incumbent as the sole services provider (Y/N)
• Ability to partner with others in the organization in a collaborative sales process (Examples)
• Experience in working in a large matrixed/complex organization (Y/N)
• Stable career history (demonstrating dedication, perseverance, loyalty) (Y/N)
• Experience selling in the mid-market (1K to 5K employee lives) (Y/N)
• Non-compete agreement (Y/N – preliminary details – we’ll need the signed agreement later in the process)
• Current comp & Comp requirements (Typical bases $100-125K with uncapped commission plan – doubling the base is very feasible with many reaching the $300K+ range) – Total pay in the $200-250K range aligns well with our first-year comp plan (comprised of base and new hire bonus) before they start earning substantial commissions
• Insurance carriers
Pros: Know our industry and client buying cycles and the products/services
Cons: Often don’t sell direct to clients as they promote through brokers; May not ask for the sale and instead compete to be one of many
Examples: Aetna; Blue Cross/Blue Shield; Anthem; United Health Care; Unum; Met Life, among others
• Competitors – Often more specifically for Producing Consultant roles as they may have a book of business – a sales oriented Consultant may be a possibility but challenging to identify
Pros: – Industry and product/services knowledge
Cons: May have an existing book of business making it difficult to match earnings/move over; non-compete agreements may be too restrictive
Examples: Aon; Willis Towers Watson; Lockton; USI; Gallagher; HUB among others
Pros: Often have knowledge of benefits and direct sales
Cons: Benefits knowledge may not be deep enough; may not have worked in large/matrixed organizations
Examples: Oracle; People Soft; Workday; ADP Total Source (vs ADP small market); Paylocity; Paychex; Ceridian; Ultimate Software; Castlight Health; Silk Road (among others)
• Professional services firms:
Pros: Service orientation and consultative mind set an excellent culture and work style match
Cons: Sales roles often defined as expanding their core business vs hunting new logos
Examples: PwC; E&Y; regional law firms/audit and tax firms
We are a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. We help clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – their people. Company has 60,000 employees are based in more than 100 countries.
Company offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds,
heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.
Full-Commission Retail Sales Associate - Part Time
GA - electronics, commission, sales, appliance, audio,...
Atlanta, GA - b2b, hr, sales, commission only, commission,...
Universal Banker FT Perimeter Center
Atlanta, GA - client, service, financial, banking, branch,...
Controller - Accounting & Finance - (CPA )
Atlanta, GA - cfo, controller, accounting, payable, c.p.a.,...
FC Client Service Rep I - PT Hours - Roswell
Atlanta, GA - csr, financial, service, process, six, rep, months,...
Atlanta, GA - sap, networking, internet, placement, it,...
Atlanta, GA - buyer, as400, planner, c, graphic, packaging,...