My client is looking for a Service & Commissioning Engineer to work several port locations within North America & South America. This is a Permanent Position offering a salary range of $90K - $100K. Candidates must reside near a major airport; 80% travel is expected.
About the Position
Person will be responsible for the independent assembly, commissioning, inspection, repair, and troubleshooting of our power and data supply systems, both domestically and internationally.
• This position requires up to 80% domestic and international travel; Flexibility to work/travel over weekends, holidays, evenings/nights may be regularly required.
• Frequent interface with customers and/or end users, vendors, and contractors.
• Support in scheduling and coordinating the participation of vested parties at site to inspect/witness the final installation of equipment and their participation in the execution of start-up and commissioning activities.
• Programs and troubleshoots PLCs, VFDs, and other automated equipment.
• Ensure all start-up, commissioning and handover activities on the project are executed in a safe, efficient, and cost effective manner.
• Take ownership regarding the correct implementation of the pre-commissioning activities in the mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and automation disciplines, ensuring the quality of the work and of the quality of the reports.
• Travel to customer site to perform final commissioning and demonstrate equipment functions as per specifications to obtain customer acceptance.
• Support the project team in ensuring all the mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and automation punch list items are cleared and signed-off as per project requirements.
• Train, manage, and coordinate site personnel during installation and/or inspection activities.
• Participate in project and construction meetings, as required.
• Ability to prepare and provide technical training to the end user operators and/or maintenance personnel.
• As a trouble-shooter you will go on-site in the event of technical issues, analyze and eliminate faults and will be available on-site for our customers in case of subsequent technical queries.
• Utilizes data acquisition system software to collect data from equipment analysis.
• Provides quotations for field support of product.
• Provides direct technical support of customers, contractors, sales, and engineering for testing and field-service activities.
• Writes and reviews all field service reports for accuracy, completeness and clarity before publication or delivery to the customer.
• Advises Development Group on possible product improvements, potential product weaknesses, new product or service opportunities, and any other potential improvements or concerns as a result of findings from field experiences.
• Review technical publications, articles, and abstracts to stay abreast of technical developments in the industry.
• Provide technical reports to engineering and/or external customers.
• Support engineering with input on design and analysis of design with technical documentation.
• Operates aerial lifts and other similar machinery to access our equipment – often at significant heights.
• Supports and promotes the Quality and EHS policy.
• Applicable B.A. or B.S. from four-year College or university
• Comprehensive experience in the use of PLCs, VFDs, data acquisition, wiring, power equipment, and industrial electricity required.
• Siemens and ABB platform(s) experience are highly preferred.
• Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
• Must currently hold or be able to obtain a valid passport (with proper documentation to travel into and outside of the United States), in addition to the TWIC credential.
Please complete the following skills-matrix and send back with your updated resume
Total experience as a Service & Commissioning Engineer:
Are you willing to travel 80% of the time in this role?:
Do you currently hold or are able to obtain a valid passport (with proper documentation to travel into and outside of the United States), in addition to the TWIC credential?:
Total experience with the use of PLCs, VFDs, data acquisition, wiring, power equipment, and industrial electricity required (please explain):
Total experience with Siemens and ABB platform(s) (highly preferred):
Total experience with Project Management in developing project plans; coordinating projects, communicating changes and progress, completing projects on time and budget, managing project team activities (please explain):
Evening Phone #:
Cell Phone #:
Work Status (US Citizen / Green Card):
Why are you leaving your current employer?
Why are you interested in this job
Service & Commissioning Engineer
New York, NY - commissioning, ehs, twic, instrumentation,...
Service & Commissioning Engineer
New York, NY - commissioning, twic, instrumentation, ehs, airport,...
Senior Building Commissioning Engineer
New York, NY - commissioning, mep, construction, hvac, lighting,...
Senior Commissioning Engineer
New York, NY - commissioning, edwards, mechanical, mep,...
Commissioning Project Manager
New York, NY - commissioning, mechanical engineer, qc,...
Instrumentation and Controls Technician
Kearny, NJ - instrumentation, boiler, plant, plc, honeywell,...
COMMISSIONING ENGINEER - DATA CENTER
Edison, NJ - commissioning, mep, plant, data, alarm,...