The Indiana Veterans’ Home, located in West Lafayette, Indiana, is the only long term care facility in Indiana dedicated to serving veterans and their spouses. We provide a beautiful, healthy and home-like environment for veterans and their spouses to live. Residents enjoy a variety of onsite and offsite activities, excellent health care, nutritious homemade meals and a rich history that only a facility such as IVH can provide.
It's your turn! Serve someone who has already served you!
The Steam Plant Operator 2 works independently to maintain safe operation of Powerhouse systems and equipment. Must work safely and conform to all appropriate OSHA Standards. Incumbent is responsible for identification, communication and recommendations regarding timely correction of issues/problems at IVH. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Performs periodic inspection and maintains records associated with proper operation of boilers, compressors, water softeners and water heaters.
• Assists Steam Plant Mechanic in general Powerhouse preventive maintenance and repairs
• Completes assigned service and preventive maintenance work orders and addresses off-hour repairs
• Completes work order documentation associated with assigned and daily activities
• Initiates repair order request and recommendations items for inventory stock and monitors use
• Performs Powerhouse upkeep and cleaning.
Three (3) years of experience in a large institutional or industrial steam plant.
Must hold at least one of the following certifications or must obtain within twelve (12) months:
• “Power Engineer Certification” as issued by the Indiana Association of the National Association of Power Engineers. Accepted Certifications: US Navy Boiler Technician or Machinist Mate Rating. US Coast Guard Marine Engineer License with Steam Endorsement. US Merchant Seaman Certificate with Qualified Member of Engineering Department Endorsement. A local or county government Stationary Engineer License.
• A valid Stationary Steam License issued from another U.S. state. National Institute for the Uniform Licensing of Power Engineers License.
• A Journeyman Stationary Engineer Certificate from the Union of Operating Engineers.
• A Company issued certificate from an in-house apprenticeship or training program, reviewed and approved by the State Personnel Department. Substitution: Possession of the Power Engineer Certification at the time of application may substitute for one (1) year of the required experience.
• An Associate Degree in Power Plant Technology from an accredited college or university may substitute for the required certification plus one year of the required work experience.
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
• Medical / Dental / Vision plans
• Health Savings Account available - with Employer Contribution
• Prescription Coverage
• Incentive-based Wellness Program
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employer-funded Retirement Plan
• Deferred Compensation Plan with Employer Match
• Flexible Spending Account
• Work/life balance: 24 Paid Days Off and 12 Holidays, per year
• Group Life Insurance
• Qualified Employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
Steam Plant Operator 2
Lafayette, IN - machinist, power plant, plant, boiler, marine,...
Steam Plant Operator 2
Lafayette, IN - power plant, machinist, plant, boiler, marine,...
CDL-A Owner Operator & Lease Purchase Driver - Truckload Bruenger
Lafayette, IN - operator, warranty, maintenance, van, coast,...
CDL-A Lease Purchase - Owner Operator Driver - Truckload
Lafayette, IN - operator, warranty, call, straight, systems,...
Senior Materials Manager
Lafayette, IN - plant, export, materials, sap, customs, import,...
CDL-A Owner Operator Truck Driver - Intermodal
Lafayette, IN - operator, intermodal, night, call, control,...
Lafayette, IN - plant manager, ehs, plant, process, di, turbine,...