Residential Leaders at the Indiana School for the Blind and Visually Impaired (ISBVI) provide supervision and support to residential staff ultimately ensuring health, safety and welfare of students with maximum programming opportunities. All Residential Leaders (2nd and 3rd shift) work together to ensure the smooth operation of residential programs by providing adequate coverage through scheduling, approval of activity sheets, transportation requests, requisitions, and other student and staff requests including but not limited to leave time.
The successful candidate will supervise all female dormitories (elementary, middle school, and high school aged girls).
The work schedule of Residential Leader follows the ISBVI academic school year calendar which equates to 185 work days per year. The salary is $11.66 per hour and is paid biweekly while school is in session. Overtime, Comp Time, vacation leave and personal leave are all benefits that can help cover some of the forced school breaks (i.e. fall break, winter break, spring break, summer break, etc).
2nd shift schedule:
Sunday: 5:30 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.
Monday – Thursday: 3:00 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Supervises Residential Mentors in dorm and residential areas and other areas as needed or assigned
• Supervises daily operation of the dorm and residential areas
• Trains Residential Mentors
• Evaluates Residential Mentors
• Provide for student’s welfare by utilizing support staff services and programs
• Act as advisor to the Residential Services Director
• Relates to parents, visitors and other staff members in a friendly, professional manner
• Performs clerical duties
• Other duties as assigned
Must be at least 21 years of age and should possess at least three (3) years work experience involving child care or related experience or accredited college training. Candidates with at least one (1) year of experience in direct care of physically disabled, delinquent, or dependent children in a community, hospital, institution, or school setting are strongly preferred. Previous supervisory experience strongly preferred.
• May require extended time walking, sitting and/or standing
• Requires effective interpersonal relations and communication skills
• Requires flexibility with multi-tasking capability
• Requires completed paperwork on time and the ability to prioritize tasks
Residential Leader- Indiana School for the Blind
Indianapolis, IN - elementary, residential, summer, 2nd, 3rd shift,...
Indianapolis, IN - teacher, teachers, deaf, students, residential,...
Indianapolis, IN - teacher, deaf, teachers, students, child care,...
Elementary Teachers, Kindergarten Hoosier Academies
Indianapolis, IN - elementary, teacher, instructional, kindergarten,...
Indianapolis, IN - school, services, health, program, knowledge,...
Indianapolis, IN - teacher, teachers, residential, students, school,...
Excel Math Instructor- University Heights
Indianapolis, IN - instructor, excel, education, school, high, time,...