Manager, Meta Search
It’s a powerful feeling, to belong. It’s inspiring people to do more than they thought they could. It’s leading the way by rolling up your sleeves to accomplish a common goal. It’s taking a passion and turning it into your vision. Belonging is what it feels like to work at Marriott. If this sounds like the place for you, join us.
The Marriott International HQ located at 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, MD, 20817 is currently hiring a Manager, Meta Search.
Responsibilities include: The Manager, Meta Search will execute Marriott’s Digital Marketing efforts to deliver and manage online performance-based advertising initiatives, specifically online partnerships with meta search providers (referred to internally as direct referral partners) that contribute more than $3.5Billion in revenue through Marriott’s websites and mobile apps. This role will manage assigned meta search buying efforts that are designed to achieve defined objectives and increase visibility for Marriott International. This position focuses on driving hotel bookings and room nights and to Marriott.com and global web sites. This position reports to Sr. Director, Digital Acquisition and has no direct reports.
This role will work closely with the Media Modeling and Financial Analyst in managing budget as it relates to the transaction based media program. This role will also manage and oversee tactical execution with the key partners and agencies as it relates to the metasearch channel. This Manager will develop opportunities with new partners, while working with Distribution, as well as Digital Acquisition on deployment of Continent/Hotel efforts through the Plus Platform.
Education, Experience, and Skills
• BS/BA degree in marketing, international business or related field.
• 4+ years of relevant work experience in eCommerce/online marketing for an established consumer brand, 3+ years managing online advertising campaigns with a performance mindset
• Familiarity with Ad Tech and different digital monetization methodologies.
• Desire to “push the envelope”, test new concepts, and be a change agent
• Hands-on skills and experience managing advertising, media-buys and technical processes.
• Experience managing strategic partnerships. Demonstrated relationship marketing skills a must.
• Experience managing and directing multiple agencies/ vendors.
• Agency experience highly desired.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
• Highly motivated, organized, and proactive in managing and leading multiple campaigns from end-to-end.
• Dynamic interpersonal skills including team player that works well with counterparts from various functions/departments and has the ability to influence the work of counterparts without direct reporting accountability.
• Strategic thinker and problem solver, who can dive into the details, yet understand the big picture.
• Global experiences a plus.
• Experience working with cross-functional teams.
• Ability to analyze data across multiple reporting sources
• Effective written and oral communication and strong analytical skills.
• Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Revenue and Business Objectives
• Achieve annual revenue and room night goals and ROI targets for Marriott’s direct referral partner (meta search) partnerships.
• Manage reporting and optimization efforts for all direct referral (Meta) campaigns, driving overall program performance.
• Assist in identifying new opportunities to promote Marriott, including through new online marketing techniques, and develop recommendations with supporting evidence.
• Supports meta search performance as it relates to broader Transaction Based Media Program (TBMP) goals and objectives.
Program Development, Execution and Analysis
• Implement and manage online referral partnerships with meta search sites such as TripAdvisor, Trivago and Google Hotel Ads
• Coordinate with internal stakeholders, agencies and vendors on campaign requirements, including the development of tracking parameters, URLs and content.
• Manage ongoing referral partner (meta search) campaign reporting and summarize key learnings in compelling and concise communication materials, including presentations.
• Assist in responding to inquiries from internal stakeholders about these partners and meta ad placements.
• Analyze new cost-per-click (CPC) opportunities and coordinate rapid deployment of testing. Make recommendations on potential testing approaches.
• Monitor referral partner campaign performance, aiming for zero downtime and prompt follow up from agencies and vendors to ensure timelines are met.
• Facilitate regular meetings with agencies and vendors and validate monthly invoices to ensure accuracy.
• Manage the process of establishing target audiences when appropriate, leveraging multiple data sources.
• Lead ongoing campaign reporting and summarize key learnings in compelling and concise communication materials, including presentations.
• Coordinate closely with agencies and partners on the development of recommendations around new partners and ad placements. Collaborate with internal teams to model potential impact of these activities.
• Provide frequent updates of Marriott hotels feeds to agencies and partners to ensure the online ads show the appropriate sets of hotels.
• Serves as meta search subject matter expert within the PLUS Platform. Works cross functionally with PLUS core team to enable capabilities as it relates to meta search in PLUS platform (including new partner integration, reporting and analysis, etc)
Reporting and Analysis
• Analyze performance of online campaigns to optimize results, make recommendations and bring additional value to Marriott globally.
• Coordinate ongoing campaign reporting with agencies and vendors and summarize key learnings in compelling and concise communication materials for internal stakeholders.
• Partner with analysis team to mine website data, syndicated research and other customer insight tools to develop strategies for reaching new customer targets.
• Monitor industry activities and competitive trends – both inside and outside of the travel industry – and develop competitive benchmarking analyses.
Work Teams and Vendor Relations
• Interface with agencies, media partners and vendors to establish metrics, monitor performance and follow up on deliverables and plans.
• Work with internal stakeholders such as Product Development, Merchandising, IT, Measurement & Analysis, International, Marketing Communications, Legal, Brand marketing and Promotions teams, Marriott Rewards, PLUS, Global Distribution Field Support, and other areas as appropriate.
• Deliver presentations about advertising initiatives and training as needed.
• Builds strong working relationships.
• Shares thoughts and feedback in a professional way.
• Considers how own behavior impacts others.
• Explains work in a way that encourages cooperation from others.
• Shows an understanding of customer/stakeholder expectations.
• Listens and responds to customers/stakeholders with empathy.
• Builds rapport and trust with customers/stakeholders to promote loyalty.
• Anticipates and quickly responds to customer/stakeholder requests or issues.
• Explains policies in a way that helps customers/stakeholders understand.
• Helps others feel valued and included.
• Works well with others regardless of their background or characteristics.
• Models the Company culture of service, opportunity, respect, and fair treatment.
• Acts when others are treated unfairly or are not valued and respected for their unique skills.
• Listens to and acknowledges different ideas and viewpoints.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Shows an understanding of how each role on the team contributes to the work.
• Shows an understanding of goals, processes, and reporting relationships within the department.
• Understands scope of own decision making authority.
• Provides, seeks, and acts on constructive feedback.
• Shows an understanding of performance expectations.
• Works with manager to set and prioritize developmental goals.
• Builds relationships to attract top talent.
• Participates in the hiring process and helps with on boarding new associates.
• Stays calm and focused during stressful situations.
• Asks questions to understand why change is happening.
• Uses resources to help deal with change or challenges.
Communication and Professional Demeanor
• Expresses ideas in a clear and concise way.
• Actively listens and responds to others with understanding.
• Appropriately interprets verbal and non verbal behavior.
• Displays professionalism and gains respect from others.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Recognizes issues and makes suggestions to solve problems related to daily work.
• Breaks complex issues into manageable parts.
• Asks questions and gathers information before making a decision.
• Identifies and considers alternatives and their possible impact before making decisions.
• Makes decisions and takes action in a reasonable amount of time.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Sets career goals and identifies areas for development.
• Uses available resources and challenging assignments to improve performance.
• Shares own learnings and best practices with others.
• Completes assigned training on time.
• Shows an understanding of how own work impacts Company and department performance.
• Shows an understanding of the drivers of Company and department performance.
• Identifies innovative ways to improve productivity and associate and customer/stakeholder satisfaction.
• Performs technical and complex tasks and solves problems within area of expertise.
• Models technical excellence and communicates the benefits of specific techniques in area of expertise.
• Uses appropriate facilities, equipment, and materials to perform the job.
• Follows current policies, procedures, and legal requirements.
Building and Contributing to Teams
• Works with team members to meet shared goals.
• Shows an understanding of how the team contributes to broader success.
• Shares with team members information needed to accomplish work.
• Tells other team members when they are doing a good job.
Driving for Results
• Takes responsibility for being innovative and delivering work that exceeds requirements.
• Learns from mistakes.
• Participates in setting goals for the team or department.
• Looks ahead and lets manager know about possible challenges in completing assigned work.
Planning and Organizing
• Keeps track of own current and future workload to make sure everything is completed on time.
• Prioritizes own activities and makes adjustments when appropriate.
• Asks for and uses available resources to complete work.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Manager, Meta Search
Bethesda, MD - marriott, goals, performance, reporting, well,...
Manager, Meta Search (Flexible Office Location)
Bethesda, MD - marriott, mine, online marketing,...
Bethesda, MD - marriott, international, basis, hotels, reach,...
Sr. Manager, Information Technology
Bethesda, MD - marriott, cognos, information, processes, basis,...
Manager, Meta Search - Marriott International HQ
Bethesda, MD - marriott, search, hotel, revenue,...
Senior Director, Marketing, Loyalty, and Media Analytics
Bethesda, MD - marriott, program, corporate, media, research,...
SrMgr-Comm & Change Management
Bethesda, MD - marriott, change, program, change management,...