Reports to: Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
A global company with headquarters in Rochester, New York, Cannon Industries has grown to become one of the leading sheet metal and custom weld fabricators in the contract manufacturing industry. Our quality standards are unsurpassed in the industry because we know that our customers’ standards grow with each passing year. Computer controlled processes, operators and technicians with decades of experience, and strict procedures for quality control have led Cannon Industries to step ahead of the competition, by earning ISO:9002, ISO:14001, and TS:16949 certifications. Cannon Industries, Inc. is a drug, smoke and alcohol free working environment.
General Job Description:
The Packer is responsible for stacking and piling goods into their correct containers and preparing them for shipment using various equipment. Cleans and prepares containers before placing goods in them. Ensures that all documentation is correct and accurate (i.e. correct labels are on the parts and container, quantity shipped is accurate, etc.)
Ability to understand and follow basic verbal and written instructions
Good verbal and written communication skills
Have a team player attitude that promotes commitment, reliability and follow through
Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
Possess basic mathematical skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
Perform basic visual quality inspections on products
Must be certified or become certified in operation of forklift
Departmental Specific Duties:
1) Perform duties such as lifting, packaging, taping, labeling operations and sorting
2) Move product and inventory
3) Report defective materials or questionable conditions to the Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
4) Execute and document quality inspections in accordance with the SOP
5) Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations
6) Examine and inspect containers, materials, and products in order to ensure that packaging specifications are met
7) Mark and label containers, container tags, or products
8) Measure, weigh, and count products and materials
9) Record product, packaging and order information on specified forms and records
1) Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs regularly
2) Requires frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling of parts and part containers
3) May be required to stand for long periods of time
4) May involve some repetitive motions
5) Due to the open environment of the warehouse, must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions to include extreme heat, humidity and cold
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as it may be deemed necessary.
Rochester, NY - packaging, gmp, manufacturing, chain, manual,...
Rochester, NY - drilling, steel, crane, handler, material handler,...
Inspector Packer, 3rd Shift
Rochester, NY - inspector, qc, high, necessary, able, supervisor,...
Brake Press Set-up / Operator
Rochester, NY - press, plant manager, sheet metal, metal, tooling,...
Inspector Packer- 3rd Shift
Rochester, NY - inspector, qc, packer, packing, assembly,...
Metal Operator, Rochester / USA
Rochester, NY - metal, commodity, cfo, commodities, customs,...
Rochester, NY - packaging, warehouse, manufacturing, workers, raw,...