Sales Manager 2-Sales Office in Medford, MA
It’s a powerful feeling, to belong. It’s inspiring people to do more than they thought they could. It’s leading the way by rolling up your sleeves to accomplish a common goal. It’s taking a passion and turning it into your vision. Belonging is what it feels like to work at Marriott. If this sounds like the place for you, join us.
The Eastern Northeast Sales Offic located at 200 Rivers Edge Drive, Medford, MA, 2155 is currently hiring a Sales Manager 2-Sales Office in Medford, MA.
Responsibilities include: Handles customer inquiries and lead requests for groups (e.g., Full Service and Select Service/Extended Stay, 10-99 peak room nights) within predefined Group Sales parameters. Works with customers to align customer preferences with brand needs and actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenues and drive customer loyalty. Verifies that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. Drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience. Processes business correspondence and creates contracts and other related booking documentation as required. Demonstrates excellent selling skills, strong communication skills, and a detailed understanding of property operations, food and beverage, and planning.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest
services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
• 2 years experience selling group business, either at a property or in a sales office.
• Knowledge of property operations, Food and Beverage (F&B.).
• Knowledge of the group sales process for all brands and how to close a sale.
• Team-based selling experience.
• Hospitality Management Degree.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Handles customer inquiries and leads requests for groups (e.g., Full Service and Selected Service/Extended Stay, 10-99 peak room nights)
• Responds in a timely manner to incoming group/catering opportunities that are within predefined Group Sales parameters.
• Refers opportunities to appropriate sales associate if business is outside these parameters.
• Works with customers to align customer preferences with brand needs and actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenues and drive customer loyalty.
• Verifies that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery.
• Maintains customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Demonstrates excellent selling skills, strong communication skills, and a detailed understanding of property operations, food and beverage, and planning.
• Works collaboratively with other sales channels (e.g., Area Sales, on-property resources) to verify sales efforts are coordinated, complementary, and not duplicative.
• Understands the overall market (e.g., competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand) and how to sell against them.
• Verifies that business booked is within hotel parameters.
• Closes the best opportunities for each property based on market conditions and individual property needs.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Transfers accurate, complete, and timely information to property in accordance with brand standards.
• Understands and actively utilizes company marketing initiative/incentives to close on business.
• Implements process improvements and best practices.
• Effectively leverages other Group Sales resources and administrative/support staff to achieve personal and team related revenue goals.
• Processes business correspondence and creates contracts and other related booking documentation as required.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
• Established coordinated sales efforts that are complementary and not duplicative.
• Drives customer loyalty through excellent customer service throughout the sales process.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending appropriate features and services that best meet their needs.
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings.
• Builds and maintains strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Establishes clear expectations for customers and properties throughout the sales process.
• Effectively resolve guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process.
• Brings issues to the attention of Property and Group Sales leadership teams as appropriate.
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice around the globe by FORTUNE and Working Mother magazines, DiversityInc, Great Places to Work Institute, and the CRF institute among others. Visit our newsroom to learn more: news.marriott.com
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Sales Manager 2-Sales Office in Medford, MA
Medford, MA - marriott, property, process, customer, works,...
Sales Manager 2- Sales Office in Medford, MA
Medford, MA - marriott, property, customer, hotel, brand, sales,...
Sales Executive PA
Medford, MA - marriott, sales executive, area sales, hotel,...
Franchised Executive Housekeeper
Cambridge, MA - marriott, housekeeper, hotel, ac, cambridge,...
Seasonal Sales Associate
Boston, MA - sales, sales manager, store, floor, customer,...
Assistant Sales Manager
Cambridge, MA - assistant, sales manager, sales, manager, power,...
Director of Sales
Burlington, MA - leads, quality, director, sales, hotel, fresh,...