Position: System Engineer (Ref: 1916)
Location: Richmond,VA,23219,United States
Duration: 7 Months 12 Days - Contract
Pay Rate: $55.00/hr
*local candidates strongly preferred
*ALL candidates MUST be able to attend a personal interview, NO phone interviews, NO Skype, NO exceptions
• System Engineer position to provide technical expertise in the areas of web/app support, cloud technologies, systems integration, code deployments, troubleshooting, server and application architecture, and Internet/Intranet deployments.
• Daily tasks include but not limited to, technical solution delivery, code deployments, and application operations and troubleshooting.
• Experience working in multi-tiered server environments. This position will provide technical guidance and support in the areas of server and applications architecture, systems integration, and Internet/Intranet deployments, as well as work in other aspects to support many other VDOT applications.
• Ability to work closely with client/application architects, senior managers, and project managers to design and assist with the implementation of the solutions infrastructure related components.
• Experience in DevOps with focus on IBM UrbanCode/uDeploy, monitoring software such as Microsoft SCOM, and experience scripting specifically with PowerShell. Experience with Azure Cloud components & APIs.
• Experience with Project Server 2010-2016, and SharePoint 2010-2016 a plus.
• Willingness to learn BlackPearl K2 and Adlib software. Working knowledge of Operating Systems (Windows and Linux), and of database connectivity.
• Knowledge of relevant web services, application monitoring techniques, networking fundamentals, server hardware and of application lifecycle methodologies using Agile, Kanban and DevOps.
• Experience with server and application monitoring, with detailed focus on standardization of methods and practices, and system documentation.
• Ability to work closely with client/application architects, senior managers, and project managers to design and assist with the implementation of the solutions infrastructure related components. Respond to audit requests and business user inquiries.
• Experience and skills in prevailing industry architecture and engineering methodologies such as ITIL. Systems administration experience on the Windows Server platform.
• Experience in web infrastructure design and operations including IP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, load balancing, clustering, firewall rules, failover, monitoring, diagnostics, performance tuning, server patching, etc. Possess high aptitude for problem-solving and troubleshooting. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, independently performs a variety of complicated tasks, while a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Creates and executes work plans/scripts for review by senior systems engineer for application deployment. Collaborates with SE team on various projects. Prepares detailed system deployment documentation and operations manuals.
• Ability to work under pressure while meeting project deadlines. Provide recommendations to management on possible decommissioning of servers. Installs and configures application software for project teams meeting project deadlines. Assesses needs and performs upgrades of application software as required.
• Monitors security alerts and installs software patches promptly along with proactively monitoring systems for performance.
• College Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience in applications and server architecture desired.
Required / Desired Skills
• DevOps using IBM UrbanCode or uDeploy, Server monitoring using Microsoft Systems Center Operations Manager (Required 2 Years)
• Skilled in use of XLM, APIs, web services architecture, SOAP, firewall requests, load balancing configurations, clustering, high availability (Required 2 Years)
• Microsoft IIS, .NET Framework 2.0 - 4.6 (Required 3 Years)
• DNS, Active Directory (Required 3 Years)
• Windows Server 2008-2012 Server Administration, server OS and application patching (Required 4 Years)
• MS SharePoint 2010- 2013, MS Project Server 2010 -2013 (Desired 6 Months)
• Microsoft Azure, Cloud technologies, Azure components and APIs (Highly Desired 1 Years)
• System Documentation capabilities, server diagrams, operations manuals, audit responses (Required 1 Years)
Richmond, VA - system engineer, azure, ibm, windows server,...
System Engineer DevOps Admin & System Monitoring
Richmond, VA - https, server, devops, system engineer, engineer,...
Richmond, VA - system engineer, desktop, engineer, powershell,...
System Engineer Cloud Admin & DevOps
Richmond, VA - https, azure, admin, helpdesk, system engineer,...
Production Services Lead (MQ on ISeries exp)
Richmond, VA - services, technology, support, mq, management,...
Director of Applied Architecture
Richmond, VA - architecture, application, technology, director,...
DevOps Engineer (IBM Urbancode, uDeploy)
Richmond, VA - https, server, ibm, devops, engineer, powershell,...