Started in 1950 on a small farm in the Northwest region of the U.S., Lamb Weston has grown to be one of the world’s largest frozen potato companies, happily delivering the delicious goodness of fries to more than 100 countries. Lamb Weston has created inventive products and processes that are standards in the industry. When we look at a potato, we see possibilities.Our people are a valuable and integral part of our business and play a vital role in our success as an organization. At Lamb Weston we offer the financial stability and career potential of a true industry leader.Lamb Weston will offer you the opportunity to put your education and skills to work as part of a great team, contributing to the achievement of the organization’s goals and objectives. You will be challenged to take responsibility, drive results, show creativity, and display initiative - and you will be rewarded for your contributions and impact.
Let’s explore the possibilities together!
Introduce new technology into the packaging manufacturing process through developing and implementing new packaging equipment projects. Lead the development of the next generation packaging equipment to drive out cost and improve quality.
This position is located at our Technical Center in Richland, WA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Provides expert technical support on packaging equipment to manufacturing engineering and operations.
Provide technical input to optimize the manufacturing quality and efficiency of all packaging operations. This includes:
Introducing latest, most efficient, most effective technology wherever economically feasible.
Solving production technical problems on an immediate turnaround basis.
Streamlining the existing packaging machinery and processes to improve quality and reduce cost wherever possible.
Define and develop opportunities to reduce costs and to maximize productivity.
Work closely with process engineering and package development to create link between operational requirements and material supplier capabilities.
Apply new technology with approved capital through submission of capital requests and subsequent management of project budget.
Work cross-departmentally to achieve results in a team environment.
Education and Experience
• B.S. in Mechanical or Packaging Engineering.
• 5 years relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of packaging, cartooning, bagging and bundling equipment used in consumer goods manufacturing.
• Excellent communications skills – must be able to communicate effectively within the organization, both laterally and vertically
• Demonstrated ability to develop working relationships on all levels.
• Demonstrated ability to work on multiple high priority projects in a high-speed environment. (Multi-tasking, Time management).
• Ability to work as an independent contributor or as a leader of sub-groups or teams to effectively solve machinery problems.
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Analytical, problem solving, and information gathering skills.
• Working knowledge of “SOLIDWORKS” or equivalent CAD software, MS Project, and MS Office
Other Skills and Abilities
Valid driver's license and the ability to meet the company's driving record standards. Ability for extended travel and time away from home to complete projects at various plant locations; travel 25-30% of time.
Lamb Weston is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
QA Specialist - Clerk
Paterson, WA - clerk, lab, qa, ship, belt, environmental, data,...
Paterson, WA - electrician, electrical, mechanical,...
Paterson, WA - piping, welding, maintenance mechanic, mechanic,...
Mechanic (Harvest) M2
Paterson, WA - welding, mechanic, sap, troubleshooting, repair,...
Tray Pack Utility
Pasco, WA - pack, team leader, hand, cases, pain, waste,...
Mechanic Team Member
Pasco, WA - mechanic, company, team, equipment, procedures,...
Pasco, WA - manufacturing engineer, mechanical design, cad,...