Position: Network Architect
Location: Orlando, FL 32830
Need for a Network Architect collaborating with teams that will solve mission-critical problems, innovate new processes and inspire action in others as a trusted advisor. Impact compelling change and improvement by providing engineering design and support for Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Load Balancers and Security appliances in conjunction with varying projects and initiatives. Translate concept into action by ensuring design, configuration and run books are created and remain current for all networking technologies running in the environment. Be part of the solution by leading a successful team that drives service delivery across multiple touch points and provides operational support (24x7) for network operations. Act as a consultative thought partner interacting with vendors and suppliers while staying abreast of emerging technologies to translate into actionable ways to implement new solutions.
• Prior industry experience in a high traffic environment (7-10 yrs.).
• Excellent IP networking fundamentals and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols.
• In-depth knowledge of and experience with major routing protocols like BGP and OSPF as well as firewall and load balancing technologies.
• Expertise in Juniper firewall platforms
• Experience in Cisco routing and switching platforms
• Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
• Prior experience with, and expertise in many of the following protocols & technologies: T1/DS1, DS3, 802.1d VLANs/STP, various 802.x, IPv4, TCP (internals & flow control), BGP, OSPF, Redundancy protocols, PIMv2, IGMP, TACACS, IPSEC & VPNs, netflow, DNS, HTTP.
• Experience in documentation as well as creating and maintaining SOPs, maintenance plans, network diagrams, developing platform and configuration standards, etc.
• A leader in designing network and datacenter installations utilizing L2 and L3 protocols
• Experience working/interfacing with groups that include service server, storage, data center and application engineering teams is a plus.
• Ability to work independently as well as drive cross group projects and teams
• An experienced leader managing mission-critical multicast systems as well as configuring and using networking monitoring tools.
• Scripting in Perl, shell, C or C++.
• Looking for individuals that have focused on firewall and security architecture or routing and mobile or both.
• Large part of day, involves lots of consulting with BU’s around the company regarding data center and architecture- helping with design work, operation escalation, platform standards development and support, documentation, platform area ownership (own a routing platform-responsible taking and implementing standards and publishing those standards through taking direction from leadership).
• Network design based on customer requirements. Right now the company focuses a lot on the consulting/ QA portion of the position (roughly 60%) and the remaining 40% around project design. This will eventually flip and more will be required on the project and design side.
• Key Areas of technology:
1. Technology sets- CISCO, Nexus platforms 7K, 9k
2. Juniper SRS, F5 load balancers
3. Project design experience- network design project- solution- Start to finish- experience the scoping and design and implementation of a larger network scale project. Basically not looking for someone who has worked on one area or came in during or after project. Want someone who has worked on large scale projects from start to finish.
4. Customer focus- most of the initial interview will discuss their experience in working with customers etc.
5. Key thing to remember, this job is not remote work. They are required to be onsite.
Kissimmee, FL - juniper, cisco, firewall, architect, network,...
Kissimmee, FL - cisco, juniper, architect, firewall, bull, network,...
Senior Network Architect with Disaster Recovery
Orlando, FL - architect, disaster, cisco, recovery, vmware,...
Senior Network Architect
Orlando, FL - juniper, critical, technologies, platform,...
Orlando, FL - cisco, voip, architect, voice, manger, wan, lan,...
Cisco UCCE Administrator
Orlando, FL - cisco, administrator, agent, manager, call...
Lead Data Base Architect -, Florida or Telecommute
Orlando, FL - etl, data, crystal, architect, sql, telecommute,...