Position: Telecom Engineer (Ref: 1902)
Location: Little Rock,AR,72201,USA
Duration: 3 Years 0 Months 13 Days - Contract
Pay Rate: $30.14/hr
We are seeking a Telecom Engineer to be responsible for the overall system infrastructure including engineering, implementation and integration, technical services and support.
• 4-year college degree or equivalent technical study + required certifications. Copies if certifications are required.
• Local candidates preferred.
• Manages switched telecommunications systems that provide primary voice network capabilities to the organization.
• Within the switched systems environment, incumbent is responsible for independently administering the individual switch operating system, to include all aspect of routing tables, trunks, and groups, to include call restrictions, and classes of services.
• Additionally, performs all software upgrades and troubleshooting of the operating system and switch hardware using appropriate software solutions or diagnostic equipment, to include administering the switch integrated fax services.
• Monitors the telecommunications hardware performance to include running traffic studies to measure traffic characteristics, quality of service, and how much equipment or service is actually used or needed for communications systems or segments of systems to assure that the software/hardware performance acceptability is optimized.
• Analyzes the results to establish the basis for adding, deleting, or reallocating circuits as needed, then provides results to the Network Engineer and Telecom Manager with recommendations.
• Experience with Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) telephony services to include programming and updating VoIP configurations between the PBX and data network in accordance with established procedures.
• Extensive technical experience with proprietary telecommunications switches such as Avaya/Lucent Technology's Definity family of PBX switches and Cisco Call Manager in order to administer the operating systems that permit the transfer of information through various medium which includes copper and fiber optic.
• Displays in depth understanding of the technical theory of electronic communications concepts, principles, practices, procedures, policies, standards, and operational requirements.
• Technical knowledge of the operational and performance characteristics of communications equipment, automated control and switched systems networks management systems.
• Displays detailed technical knowledge of transmission media, and the relationship among component parts of telecommunications systems.
• Must be able to apply specialized communications methods and analytical techniques.
• Resolve technical user issues escalated from the Help Desk and serves as the escalation point for all carrier vendor issues.
Required / Desired Skills
• Communications software (Required 6 Years)
• Communications hardware (Required 6 Years)
• Computer networks (Required 5 Years)
• CAT3/CAT5e wiring standards (Required 5 Years)
• Excellent Communication skills (Required 1 Years)
• CompTIA Certs (Required 1 Years)
• Cicso/Avaya Certs (Required 1 Years)
• CE Cert (Required 1 Years)
Telecom Project Manager (Ref: 1901)
Little Rock, AR - fiber, gis, telecom, cable, project manager, hr,...
Installation Technician - Telecom Repair
Little Rock, AR - telecom, technician, installation, repair...
SENIOR INTEGRATION ENGINEER
Little Rock, AR - telecom, ip, engineer, telecommunication, payable,...
Customer Awareness Rep - Advertise on your car
North Little Rock, AR - technology, information, knowledge, responsible,...
SENIOR INTEGRATION ENGINEER
Little Rock, AR - ip, engineer, telecommunication, telecom, android,...
Telecommunications Analyst II
Little Rock, AR - verizon, analyst, telecommunications, telecom,...
Little Rock, AR - optical, cisco, telecom, engineering,...