1. Provides technical expertise in the coordination, execution and maintenance of Industrial Hygiene (IH) programs, including Industrial Hygiene monitoring, Indoor Air Quality, Respiratory Protection and Hearing Protection.
2. Ensures compliance with occupational safety programs, including Permit-required Confined Space Entry, Hot Work, Lockout of Hazardous Energy, Fall Protection and Personal Protective Equipment.
3. Provides technical expertise in the management of NJ TRANSIT’s chemical safety program, which includes NJ Right to Know, Hazard Communication, Asbestos Management Plan, Lead Safety and Safety Data Sheet approval, retention and communication.
4. Conduct risk assessments of hazard exposures, and recommends measures to eliminate or reduce exposures to an acceptable level.
5. Reviews new material requests (chemical and non-chemical) to minimize safety risks to employees, customers, business partners and the general public. Approves requests or recommends safer alternatives.
6. Conducts safety training (e.g., Asbestos Awareness, Annual Safety Refresher) to NJ TRANSIT employees as required.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS REQUIRED
Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Hygiene, Chemistry, Occupational Safety, Engineering, or related area from a US Department of Education accredited college or university, and four (4) years of experience in occupational safety, health and/or environmental functions. Working knowledge of chemistry is required. Knowledge of industrial hygiene and occupational safety principles and systems desired. Knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local safety regulations and requirements is required. Certified Industrial (CIH) and/or Certified Safety Professionals (CSP) are desirable. One year of closely related experience can be substituted for each year of education required. Master’s degree can be substituted for two years of applied experience.
THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY HAS A RESIDENCY LAW
Equal Opportunity Employer
Newark, NJ - chemical, hygienist, chemistry, occupational,...
Industrial Hygienist / Site Safety Specialist
Union, NJ - inspector, mold, hygienist, environmental, paint,...
New York, NY - hygienist, hygiene, union, dental, oral,...
New York, NY - inspector, hygienist, pcb, asbestos, geology,...
Bronx County, NY - hygienist, dental hygienist, dental...
Manager, Energy Efficiency
New York, NY - energy, engineering, industrial, project,...
Deputy Chief System Safety
Newark, NJ - soa, transit, system, railroad, administration,...