Internship Opportunity: Business Development & Operations
U2GUIDE is a young and dynamic startup founded by two humanitarian activists in 2014 in order to use global tourism as a medium to fund social projects all over the world. 1% of our sales and 50% of our net profit thus support humanitarian, environmental and cultural projects, where people go!
We are the very first collaborative AND socially engaged travel platform worldwide, with nearly 100,000 members and followers in over 100 countries.
Our objective: to develop our B2B partnerships and improve our brand recognition
We are looking for an outstanding highly dynamic, motivated and engaged candidate. He or she will demonstrate strong business, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
If you have the right profile, you will be working closely with COO & cofounder Paul, and CMO Camille [both are very friendly, you’ll love it!]
What will you do at U2GUIDE?
Here is a non-exhaustive list or your tasks within our team:
- Actively contribute to upstream reflexions and the writing of business proposals
- Develop and test out sales pitches
- Ensure competitive & market intelligence and analysis
New B2B partnerships prospecting
- Build up a qualitative data base of potential new partners [travel agencies, airline companies…] to prospect
- Prepare and participate in prospecting meetings and negotiations
- Set up, follow up and manage new B2B partnerships
Increase brand recognition
- Create and lead a social media strategy
- Organise innovative community events on social media
- Writing of at least one blog article per week
What are the requested skills for the internship?
- Background in Business school or equivalent
- Fluent or professional capacity in English & Spanish
- Outstanding oral and writing skills
- Knowledge of touristic industry, actors and targeted markets
- Rigorous and organised [planning and reports to be respected]
- Independent and creative [we’re a startup … you’ll need to become autonomous rapidly and should not hesitate to bring fresh ideas and perspectives to the table!]
- Versatile and resourceful [be ready to face and adapt to all sorts of unexpected situations]
- Dynamic and friendly [the workplace atmosphere is very important!]
- Be sensitive to the NGO sector and the end goal of U2GUIDE [to support partner NGOs in countries visited by our community of travelers]
What is U2GUIDE offering you in return?
- The opportunity to present your ideas and use your competences within the innovative and dynamic framework of our startup
- To be part of a qualified and friendly team with which you’ll learn quite a lot
- A life experience in Madrid in an office in the very heart of the sunny city
- To take part in an inspiring & humanist project: to change the world, simply by traveling…
Job type: Internship [6 months]
Experience: A former job or internship in business development ou as a salesperson
Spain, Madrid, Comunidad de Madrid - tourism, seo, press, digital marketing, net,...
Senior Operations Manager (M/F)
Spain, Leganés, Comunidad de Madrid - centre, operations manager, operations, lean,...
Social Media Ads
Spain, Madrid, Community of Madrid - c.p.a., ads, es, social media, media, campaign,...
Base Metals Market Analyst, Spain
Spain, Madrid, Community of Madrid - commodity, commodities, metals, russian, market,...
Travel & Food Blog Content
Spain, Madrid, Community of Madrid - skype, wordpress, es, blog, content, info...
Enterprise Account Manager - Spain - Amazon Web Services
Spain, Majadahonda, Comunidad de Madrid - mis, territory, accounts, spanish, account,...
New Accounts Manager - Fashion
Spain, Majadahonda, Comunidad de Madrid - fashion, amazon, merchant, commerce, spanish,...