Designs and troubleshoots telecommunications and network communications systems. Provides provisioning and programming of telecommunications or network equipment including phone systems, remote terminal devices, switches, routers, MPLS and SONET equipment. Specifies and orders carrier services from telecommunications providers and phone companies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Designs major networking or communications systems. Creates networking diagrams and implements network plans for enterprise network expansion and upgrades.
• Writes and develops all compliance aspects of networking policies, codes, and procedures related to network compliance.
• Serves as the top company expert and consultant to other business units for solving networking or communications needs.
• Serves as project manager on major projects or system upgrades; creates documentation on all projects and keeps documentation updated. Writes equipment specifications and purchases equipment for projects. Designs and tests new telecommunications or network systems as required by the company. Makes budget recommendations for construction projects and future system requirements.
• Analyzes system problems and implements solutions.
• Writes job specifications and equipment specifications for contract jobs.
• Leads systems capacity planning to manage technology changes and growth and makes recommendations for approval by senior management.
• Provides technical leadership to staff.
• Provides technical input to assist in development of project planning.
• Ensures all compliance aspects of position are known and followed; understands and complies with all policies, codes and regulations applicable to position and company.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Essential Education, Skills, and Environment
Education and Work Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, information technology or related field from an accredited school and 10 years of telecommunications or networking experience.
Candidates that do not possess a bachelor’s degree must have a minimum of 14 years of telecommunications or networking experience.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Demonstrated knowledge of trunking, circuit design, MPLS, SONET, TDM, T1s, ISDN, Frame Relay, voice mail, PBX administration and scripting, ATM microwave and radio communication. Demonstrated knowledge of large call center operational requirements; knowledge of information technology terms equipment, systems, functions and major vendors. Demonstrated knowledge documenting design of systems using computer aided drafting program or equivalent software. Demonstrated oral and written communication, analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills; prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
Equipment and Applications
PCs, word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
General office environment. No special physical demands required.
Senior Telecommunications Engineer - Microwave design/Fiber deployment
Las Vegas, NV - fiber, equipment, experience, systems,...
Las Vegas, NV - telecommunications, mpls, microwave, radio,...
Las Vegas, NV - fiber, engineer, telecommunications, optic,...
Telecommunications Engineer IV
Las Vegas, NV - microwave, mpls, ccna, telecommunications, cisco,...
Telecommunications Engineer IV
Las Vegas, NV - ccna, telecommunications, microwave, mpls, cisco,...
Las Vegas, NV - avaya, telecommunications, voip, controller, mpls,...
Account Rep - Entry Level - Train
Las Vegas, NV - rep, crm, telecommunications, appointments, sales,...