The benefits administrator position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, worker’s compensation, life insurance, travel and accident plan, flexible spending plan, 401(k) plan and retirement plan). The benefits administrator also provides excellent customer service and quality benefits plans, investigates new benefits programs, improves existing programs, and supervises and monitors benefits administration as well as designs employee benefits plans and provides analytical and technical support in the delivery of the benefits programs.
Duties and responsibilities
Administration: Design, Direct, Comply
• Serves as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators.
• Assist employees with inquiries on HR Policies and procedures, benefits and leaves
• Coordinates transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration.
• Works effectively to make sure the plans run smoothly. Investigates discrepancies and provides information in non-routine situations.
• Evaluates and revises internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
• Documents and maintains administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes.
• Ensures compliance with applicable government regulations.
• Ensures timeliness and accuracy of required filings.
• Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
• Responsible for Leave Management
Evaluation, Measurement, Audit
• Analyzes the current benefits, evaluating the use, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, plan experience and competitive trends in benefits programs and identifies the company’s stance.
• Performs plan audits.
• Prepares, collects, and organizes data for actuarial assessments. Reviews data in conjunction with actuarial evaluation task forces.
• Reviews both short- and long-range cost estimates/projections and relevant statistical analyses regarding modifications in benefits programs and implementation of new programs.
• Surveys industry trends. Completes benefits surveys and reviews information obtained from the results. Analyzes complex benefits information. Forecasts trends and assists with future benefits designs. Develops specific recommendations for review by management.
• Monitors administrative costs of benefits programs and recommends cost containment strategies, including alternative methods for administration and funding.
• Prepares budgetary recommendations and assists in the monitoring, verifying and reconciling of budgeted funds.
• 3 years of HR experience. Benefit Administration experience preferred
• Excellent inter-personal skills, communication skills and team based project experience.
• Clear understanding of the end to end benefit lifecycle processes.
• Proficient computer skills including the Microsoft Office and in depth knowledge of data mining and internet research.
Human Resources Specialist
CA - resources, hr, human resources, human, personnel,...
Human Resources Assistant Recruiter, Temporary
Mission Viejo, CA - human resources, human, resources, recruitment,...
CA - hr, hris, human, human resources, postings,...
Sales & Marketing Support Manager
CA - machine, administrative, human, human resources,...
Human Resources Director Education Sector (GTA)
CA - human, hris, human resources, human resource, hr,...
Human Resources Associate
CA - hr manager, tech, human, administrator, resources,...
Social Science Student Trainee, Census-D-TST
Irvine, CA - opt, social, qualification, human, human resources,...