Operations Manager I Front Desk
The Residence Inn Bethesda Downtown located at 7335 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD, 20814 is currently hiring an Operations Manager I Front Desk.
Responsibilities include: Responsible for assisting in successfully executing all operations in the hotel Operations and managing staff, with focus on Front Office and accounting. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. Ensures that standards and procedures are being followed. Leads specific team while assisting with meeting or exceeding property goals.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading Operations Team
• Ensures that goals are being translated to the team as they relate to guest tracking and productivity.
• Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
• Understands employee and guest satisfaction results and developing game plans to attack need areas and expand on the strengths.
• Ensures that the team has the capabilities to meet expectations.
• Leads by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Assists employees in understanding guests’ ever-changing needs and expectations, and exceeding them.
Managing Property Operations Function(s)
• Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
• Publishes all guest satisfaction results in a timely fashion including all guest satisfaction forms, comment cards and guest letters.
Managing and Monitoring Activities that Affect the Guest Experience
• Provides excellent customer service by being readily available/approachable for all guests.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
• Responds timely to customer service department request.
• Ensures all team members meet or exceed all hospitality requirements.
• Assists in performing required annual Quality audit with GM & RD.
• Ensures a viable key control program is in place.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Interviews and assists in making hiring decisions.
• Receives hiring recommendations from team supervisors.
• Ensures orientations for new team members are thorough and completed in a timely fashion.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Housekeeping - Leisure
Arlington, VA - front desk, desk, housekeeping, guest, front,...
Front Desk Receptionists - Must have Hotel or Front Desk Experience
Washington, DC - front desk, desk, front, hotel, reservations,...
Housekeeper - William F. Bolger Center
Potomac, MD - housekeeper, front desk, desk, guest, front,...
Night Auditor- The Concordia Hotel
Washington, DC - front desk, desk, hotel, audit, auditor,...
Front Desk Agent, Full Time
Washington, DC - front desk, desk, hotel, operators, front,...
Front Desk Agent, Overnight
Washington, DC - desk, front desk, hotel, agent, operators, hotels,...
Guest Service & Sales Manager
Sterling, VA - front desk, desk, inn, sterling, hotel, front,...