In this position you will work as a Tier 2 network support engineer with the network operations team. The Tier 2 engineer receives trouble tickets from the Tier 1 engineers. The Tier 2 engineer has an advanced skill set allowing for rapid restoration of issues. While in this group you will work with Cisco, Juniper and F5 network and security products. The specific product lines supported are the Cisco CSS and ACE load balancers, ASA security appliances, FirePower IPS, Nexus 7k and 6ks, 6500 and 3750 Layer 3 Switches and 2950 Layer 2 switches. For F5, there is the Viprion Application Delivery Controller and the GTM. For Juniper, there are the SSG 550 and the ISG 2000 firewalls. The Tier 2 engineer will act as support for the Tier 1 network engineers. Once you have become an accomplished network support engineer you will have the opportunity to move into the network projects group. The network projects group is responsible for the network designs within the data center.
* Solve operational problems with:
o layer 1 connections
o layer 2 switching
o layer 3 routing with OSPF, VRFs and static routes
o layer 4 and layer 5 load balancing
o layer 3, layer 4, and layer 5 security
o layer 3 NAT
* Create firewall polices for users and servers to access servers, and servers to access external networks
* Create IPSec tunnels for customers accessing the Data Center
* Create load balancing services for load balanced servers
* Utilize these network management and analysis tools to support and operate the network:
o Dynatrace Data Center Real User Monitoring
o Syslog servers
o Dynatrace Network Analyzer
* Analyzes workload, including traffic and utilization trends
* Interface with users, engineers, technical teams, and vendors for guidance in determining the most appropriate type of hardware and software installation and configuration.
* Support network for complex application infrastructure throughout the organization.
* Identify areas of operation that need upgraded equipment or re-design.
* Tests and evaluates hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing system
* Implements recommended equipment modifications and enhancements in accordance with user request and business objectives.
* Reviews and processes work orders related to customer application data communication needs.
* Develop and write procedures for installation, use, and solving problems of communications hardware and software.
* Perform protocol analysis and monitor system performance.
* Provide knowledge transfer for all of the above.
* Provide well written reports, documentation, and summaries as required
* The candidate must have advanced troubleshooting skills and the ability to rapidly identify issues and provide restoration of issues.
* BS/BA Degree and 3 Years’ Experience
* Substitution: Minimum 5 Years’ Experience
* Valid Driver’s License
* Salary 50k to 75k based on experience
* Aggressive pay raises and promotions
* Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401K with employer matching
* 15 days personal/vacation time
* Scheduled training classes to reinforce your networking knowledge foundation
* Reimbursements for training and learning material and certification tests
* Free training to help prepare for certifications
* Yearly and project based bonuses
Senior Network Engineer
Albany, NY - network engineer, cisco, controller, security,...
Latham, NY - ccna, cisco, solar, visa, mpls, network engineer,...
Managing Consultant (Sr. Network Engineer/Manager)
Albany, NY - cisco, citrix, ccna, network engineer, it staff,...
Customer Support Engineer - New England
Albany, NY - semiconductor, support engineer, field service,...
Customer Support Engineer
Albany, NY - support engineer, semiconductor, customer support,...
Saratoga County, NY - engineer, cisco, design, technical sales,...
Scotia, NY - controller, army, guard, naval, control, data,...