We are looking for a hands-on, agile, and result-oriented Storage Engineer for a client engagement in the financial industry.
Title: Storage Engineer
Location: Livingston, NJ or Pasadena, CA
Type: Contract, C2C & W2
Rate: $75 to 78 /hour on C2C $64 to 67 /hour on W2
Duration: Long Term (Right to Hire)
Job ID: 0309-127STE
Primary area of focus: Data Migrations, Virtualization, SAN, EMC, VMAX, VNX, VBLOCK, CISCO MDS, SRDF, RecoverPoint.
The Enterprise Storage Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing a datacenter storage infrastructure, according to best practices, while ensuring high levels of data integrity and availability. This individual will develop, implement, and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent storage provisioning that meets application performance and uptime requirements. The Enterprise Storage Engineer is also responsible for capacity planning, performance analysis, and developing disaster recovery plans.
• Work closely with operations, application developers and project managers to develop scalable, maintainable, highly available storage architectures that meet business objectives and relevant service-level agreements.
• Perform capacity planning analysis and other needs assessments as requested by upper management.
• Establish strategies for storage consolidation, centralization, and optimization to reduce costs while improving uptime, data integrity and storage performance.
• Develop Real-time and Near-Real-Time local and remote replication solutions to support Disaster Recovery initiatives.
• Design, document and build infrastructure components related to storage solution requirements from application, systems and database teams.
• Perform on-going optimization of the systems to ensure adequate capacity, availability and scalability.
• Present opportunities with cost/benefit analysis to leadership in order to shape decisions regarding architectural/infrastructural strategy.
Requirements & Preferred Skills:
• 10+ years’ experience in IT infrastructure design and architecture across multiple distributed storage technologies - including SAN, NAS, DAS, RAID, SCSI, Fiber Channel.
• In-depth understanding of storage architecture design techniques, theories, principles, and practices.
• Experience with the following vendors: EMC, NetApp, Cisco and/or Brocade.
• Project management/project lifecycle experience.
• Desired experience in developing and submitting storage audits and compliance reports.
• 4 years college degree required
Data Center Engineer
Cambridge, MA - ccna, vmware, dr, citrix, engineer, backup,...
Troy, MI - system engineer, emc, vmware, noc,...
Storage Engineer III
Charlotte, NC - emc, cisco, storage, solaris, usd, ibm, unix,...
JDE E1 9.1 Application Financial Techno/Functional
Parsippany, NJ - jde, payable, receivable, modules,...
Storage Principal Infrastructure Architect
Roseland, NJ - emc, adp, storage, technology, architect,...
Lead Storage Architect/Engineer (IBM)
Newark, NJ - emc, ibm, fiber, cisco, storage, switch, engineer,...
Roseland, NJ - engineer, management, support, it, contract,...