Quality Engineer provides leadership for a quality assurance department and shall be responsible for all aspects of the quality within the facilities. This person will ensure compliance with customer requirements, supplier performance, monitor customer satisfaction and report the quality performance to both the facility’s management / corporate organization. The ideal candidate will lead our continuous improvement efforts with a strong focus on process improvements and lessons learned.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Take customer issues from phone calls, emails etc., and respond to support resolution of the customer’s problem.
• Issue 3Ds, 8Ds in professional format within the requested timing.
• Respond to all customer inquiries with same day response at initial contact.
• Maintain Customer issue log and 8D records to meet all internal / external requirements.
• Perform audits of supplier facilities and support certification body audits and customer audits as needed.
• Review prints and technical literature to define ownership of customer’s issues and d rive appropriate correction of issues.
• Supply annual PPAP validations to customers as requested, and support annual revalidation program.
• Assist in development of boundary samples with customers to support program launches.
• Drive lessons learned across the entire value chain by communication of issues and corrective actions.
• Visit key customers annually and other customers as needed to maintain effective relations and knowledge of customer specific needs.
• Complete disposition of 8D costs timely.
• Support GP12 / launch containment in USA.
• Manage sort and rework activities as necessary to support customer and to achieve lowest possible cost outcome.
• Maintain customer scorecards as directed.
• Submit monthly and other reports timely to support effective communication of Quality indicators throughout the organization.
• Manage warranty issues through formal team problem solving methodology.
• Communicate with sort companies and liaisons to manage remote support of customers.
• Maintain AAR storage and support proper care of parts / records.
• Travel within the USA, China and other countries as directed. Must hold or be able to obtain a Passport to support all travel as necessary and directed.
• Access and use customer web sites as needed for support of Quality activities.
• Any other work as assigned.
• Ensure that the quality system / customer contract requirements are recognized and complied with at all times. This shall include the maintenance of the ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949 and ISO 14000 Quality Programs at all facilities in the value chain.
• Ensure that the elements for quality system and environmental system are complied with at all times.
• Ensure the required documentation to support the quality system is available and up to date.
• Submit, generate and provide as required to management / customer necessary quality reports.
• Implement strategic quality initiatives such as SPC, Six Sigma, ESD, etc.
• Ensure customer concerns are addressed, implemented, effective and that issues are eliminated.
• Monitor activities leading to customer satisfaction, including reports / surveys and assisting in providing the required corrective or preventive action as related to customer issues.
• Monitor supplier performance and assist in providing corrective or preventive actions as related to supplier related issues
o Organizing the coordinating internal quality system audits and ensuring that follow-up verification is performed.
o Coordinate the corrective actions for findings which are reported during the internal quality audits
o Surveillance of QOS Metrics
• Managing, staffing and establishing the correct infrastructure and direction for the Quality Department.
• Travel within North America and China will be required.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED (Must have)
• Minimum 5 years in Automotive industrial experience or related field and shall possess an engineering degree or secondary degree / diploma in mechanical or electrical engineering.
• Demonstrate deep knowledge of the AIAG core elements such as PPAP, APQP, and SPC.
• Demonstrate deep knowledge of technical drawings, GDT, and technical literature.
• Demonstrate deep knowledge of corrective actions management and preparation under the 8D, 7S, 5W or other automotive methodologies.
• Demonstrate knowledge of measurement tools and techniques and is able to direct measurement strategies consistent with technical drawings.
• Demonstrate deep knowledge of the Control Plan and FMEA preparation, review and analysis.
• Demonstrate knowledge of Lean manufacturing, 5S, Six Sigma, ESD methodologies.
• Demonstrate knowledge of Environmental, Health and Safety regulations.
• Demonstrate good interpersonal skills and provide leadership to the Quality Department and have proven record in problem solving and implementation of a quality system such as ISO / TS 16949.
• Individual must be computer literate and have strong knowledge and aptitude in team oriented approach of delivering results (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
• This incumbent shall have solid experience in Internal Audits and Supplier Management along with knowledge of working in inspection environment.
• Demonstrated solid organizational and documentation skills to that support strategic continuous improvement.
COMPETENCIES DESIRED (Nice to have)
The Quality Assurance Engineer must have knowledge of the decision-making cycle and be able to make final decisions independently as necessary. This person needs to be able to drive customer issues to closure with a focus on leaving a sustained positive experience by the customer.
Madison Heights, MI - quality engineer, ppap, automotive, engineer,...
Advance Quality Engineer
Detroit, MI - quality engineer, supplier, automotive, engineer,...
Supplier Quality Engineer- Induction
Warren, MI - quality engineer, welding, ppap, lean, stamping,...
Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
Warren, MI - quality engineer, supplier quality, supplier, ppap,...
MI - quality engineer, aerospace, black, sigma, belt,...
Advanced Quality Engineer
Warren, MI - supplier quality, quality engineer, ppap, supplier,...
Highland Park, MI - quality engineer, quality manager, process control,...