Marketing and eCommerce Manager
It’s a powerful feeling, to belong. It’s inspiring people to do more than they thought they could. It’s leading the way by rolling up your sleeves to accomplish a common goal. It’s taking a passion and turning it into your vision. Belonging is what it feels like to work at Marriott. If this sounds like the place for you, join us.
The Chicago Regional Office located at 9550 West Higgins Road, Suite 910, Rosemont, IL, 60018 is currently hiring a Marketing and eCommerce Manager.
Responsibilities include: Supports the organization in generating profitable revenue to increase revpar, market share, and brand awareness for applicable units. Leverages marketing programs at the property and market level and ensuring marketing efforts are effectively integrated with the selling efforts for the organization. Verifies pull through of relevant national marketing programs, channels, platforms, and initiatives. Develops and implements property and market based programs based on local need-time and demand generation opportunities.
Education and Experience
• 4 years’ experience in marketing communications, advertising agency, e-marketing agency, or related professional area, 1 year of internet marketing experience.
• 4-year degree from an accredited university in Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major
• Hospitality industry experience
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing eCommerce Operations and Delivering eCommerce Marketing Programs and Initiatives
• Verifies pull through of relevant national marketing programs, channels, platforms, and initiatives.
• Verifies corporate, cluster and/or regional marketing programs are pulled through at the property level.
• Educates stakeholders on marketing Brand Standards to ensure compliance.
• Verifies brand marketing communications and identity standards are maintained at the cluster and property level.
• Maximizes the potential of established marketing vehicles.
• Implements marketing programs in all segments to maximize revenue potential.
• Communicates program details for properties.
• Coordinates with hotel General Managers, Sales and Revenue leaders with marketing program details.
• Updates hotels on the status of programs ensuring follow-through and property “buy in” on customer service needs.
• Works closely with Cluster eCommerce manager to develop eMarketing and paid on-line advertising strategies for stakeholder properties (e.g. PPC keyword submissions, eBlasts, eBrochures/modules, eProposals) maximizing on-line marketing opportunities and other digital media and e-tools.
• Verifies that content, photography, promotions and packages, and local links on hotel websites on brand site are up to date and fully utilized by hotels across the region.
• Leverages eChannel cluster/market marketing and promotional opportunities to drive need-time business, with Cluster eCommerce Manager, and/or eChannels marketing manager and Revenue management.
• Maintains frequent, active engagement with Cluster eCommerce manager to ensure alignment, pull-through, and 2-way communication about the status, performance evaluation, opportunities, and issues related to online programs and initiatives.
Understanding Marketing Opportunities & Supporting Property Management
• Develops and implements property and market based plans based on local need-time and demand generation opportunities.
• Maintains and grows business of hotels with effective marketing plans and programs.
• Focuses on marketing initiatives to create customer loyalty and increase market share.
• Focuses on building each unit’s top line revenue by executing against the sales strategy.
• Analyzes and directs properties in decisions for marketing opportunities.
• Provides marketing channel mix (e.g. advertising (on and off line), promotions, public relations, direct mail, email, demand generator links) planning as part of the overall property and market cluster plans.
• Guides local property marketing spend to ensure maximum productivity/ROI and brand identity/marketing communications standards adherence and to eliminate non-value added expenditures.
• Manages the planning, development, and production of marketing communications for properties in the market in conjunction with Directors of Marketing & eCommerce (DMEs) and the designated agency/vendor.
• Works with DME to identify new marketing opportunities in alignment with strategic direction.
• Evaluates and solicits new marketing, partnership, and barter opportunities.
• Works with revenue management partner to develop relevant promotions and packages.
• Provides support in strategic planning and market research.
• Researches, presents, and implements upon approval, new opportunities for group, catering, and transient business (and other outlets as applicable).
• Provides training and marketing leadership and act as a marketing subject matter expert for GMs, Sales Leaders and Managers, and Revenue leaders.
• Leads on ad hoc marketing opportunities and special projects, as requested by General Manager or Sales leader.
• Builds and maintains critical relationships.
• Maintains close communications with DME, GMs, Sales Leaders, and Revenue Leaders
• Visits and/or contacts various stakeholder properties and market cluster and sales strategy meetings.
• Manages relationships with media representatives.
• Maintains accurate and up-to-date property initiative, tracking, and budget data/reports using project management system.
• Measure and report success of property marketing and eCommerce performance to stakeholders using relevant tools.
• Collaborates with designated agency/vendor to achieve goals for all assigned hotels.
• Coordinates photo shoots in conjunction with GD&PS or other agency/vendor.
• Works with designated vendor partners as needed for collateral, communications, photography, DM, etc.
• Works with designated vendor partners and Field Support to ensure that any communications materials created are up-to-date with marketing communications and identity standards.
• Manages advertising, public relations, and media agencies, where applicable.
• Facilitates communications regarding marketing and eCommerce on behalf of properties for owners and asset management groups.
• Provides updates regarding recent actions and upcoming initiatives.
• Prepares for and participate in owner meetings, as appropriate.
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice around the globe by FORTUNE and Working Mother magazines, DiversityInc, Great Places to Work Institute, and the CRF institute among others.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Marketing and eCommerce Manager - Marriott Hotels
Des Plaines, IL - marriott, photography, ecommerce, dme,...
Ecommerce Startup a rockstar Help
IL - ecommerce, internet, landscape, smart, computer,...
IL - office, automobile, network, field, pressure,...
Resident Managing Director - Central Region
Chicago, IL - office, management, plc, local, managing, director,...
Senior Account Manager
Chicago, IL - ecommerce, account manager, strategic, digital,...
Class A CDL Regional and OTR Company Truck Driver
Schiller Park, IL - dispatch, md, regional, time, carrier, central,...
Class A CDL Regional and OTR Company Truck Driver
Morton Grove, IL - dispatch, md, regional, time, carrier, auto,...