Job title: Human Resources / Safety Manager
Job type: Full Time
Job function: Human Resources
Industry: Building Materials
Experience level: Mid-senior
Education level: Bachelor’s degree
Job classification: Executive/Senior Level Officials and Managers
Compensation: $81,000 - $100,000 7-21% annual bonus; excellent benefits start very 1st day; 401K w/ matching; Pension
Location: McPherson, KS
Skills: KNOWLEDGE • BA/BS in related field or equivalent work experience. SHRM certification desired. • 7-10 years’ progressive experience in Human Resources to include o Staffing and Workforce Planning (short and long-term) o Performance management o Conflict resolution and facilitation o Team building o Employee Engagement o Leadership skill development • Good Safety understanding, some experience/exposure with OSHA Manufacturing or other large industrial or distribution background preferred
Experience required:7 Years
Relocation assistance: Yes
Visa requirement: Only US citizens and Green card holders
Number of positions:1
Human Resources / Safety Manager
The Human Resources and Safety Manager at the McPherson, KS Siding Plant will support and coordinate all human resource, organizational development, health and safety, benefits and training functions for an 80-employee facility. Will develop and facilitate the implementation of a strategic plan designed to move the manufacturing plant toward world-class stature in safety, health, environment, and also in quality and cost. This effort includes organizational assessment and diagnosis, development and training, employee involvement, team development, and group facilitation. Will coach managers and employees to achieve best communication practices and develop and fine tune interaction capability. Will manage salary spending and administration, and oversee benefits administration, communications, and provider relations.
This is a staff level position, which has broad latitude in developing strategy and plans for the H&S and People Development WCM (World Class Manufacturing) Pillars.
Organizational Development and Training:
• Leads WCM People Development Pillar
• Conducts workforce planning, organizational assessments and succession planning with leadership steering committee
• Identifies internal and external resources to address gaps in skills and capabilities needed for the effective and efficient operation of the plant
Human Resources and Employee Relations:
• Manage staffing and selection processes (including internal job posting, candidate sourcing, screening, interviews and selection decisions). Work with local temporary staffing firms and colleges and universities to staff for peak production seasons
• Direct and oversee performance management systems and processes (annual reviews, one-on-one coaching, progressive discipline, investigations)
• Conduct employee engagement sessions and activities.
• Oversee payroll and time and attendance systems, overtime, and perfect attendance program eligibility and awards. Ensures compliance with Fair Labor Standards Act and internal reporting and controls.
• Manage wage and benefit administration (local surveys, competitive analysis job banding, job progression, wage increase recommendations, pay and bonus administration)
• Manage new hire onboarding and job training and certification processes
• Develop and implement and insure consistent application of employee and plant policies and procedures
• In collaboration with leadership team, oversee communications processes and systems within the plant (from local town hall meetings to pre-shift huddles, benefits enrollment, LiveWell, Safety and EHS days
• Lead, support, develop direct reports (HR Coordinator, HS Specialist). Develop short- and long-range objectives, work assignments, workload balancing, and accountabilities
• Ensure company and government reporting requirements are completed accurately and on time.
• Develop and manage HR and Training budgets
• Insure HRIS is maximized in plant, implementing database solutions to reduce non- value added work
Safety/Accident Prevention, Process Development, and Management:
• Manages H&S compliance programs, including FMLA, STD, LTD, workers’ compensation
• Oversees safety training tracking and certification update processes
• OSHA, KS state contact for the plant – represents plant during external audits
• Manages the plant preparation and coordination of 20-step audits, safety workouts, internal audits and OSHAS 18001 registration
• Safety committee member
• Internal safety reporting oversight
• BA/BS in related field or equivalent work experience. SHRM certification desired.
• 7-10 years’ progressive experience in Human Resources to include
• Staffing and Workforce Planning (short and long-term)
• Performance management
• Conflict resolution and facilitation
• Team building
• Employee Engagement
• Leadership skill development
• Good Safety understanding, some experience/exposure with OSHA
• Manufacturing or other large industrial or distribution background preferred
• This plant is a union environment.
• What the plant needs is a balance of someone who can coach and develop supervisors but also wants to be in a front-line operation. Position will be split 70% HR and 30% Safety…
• We need candidates who have plant/manufacturing backgrounds.. please include this information in the resume. Thank you!
It is North America’s leading brand of sustainable exterior and interior building products. Headquartered in Malvern, Pa., it has helped shape the building products industry for more than 100 years, through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products. Founded in 1904, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," quickly inspired the name. It is the world’s largest building products company, and it is North America’s leading brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, gypsum and ceilings.
They have a staff of more than 5,700 employees and operate more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. For five consecutive years, the company has received top honors from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for its contributions in protecting the environment and was most recently the recipient of the 2013 ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence Award. The group had total sales of approximately $3.3 billion in 2012.
Human Resources / Safety Manager
McPherson, KS - plant, safety manager, ehs, hris, human, hr,...
McPherson, KS - safety manager, plant, ehs, hris, human, hr, wage,...
Urgent For 10Th/ 12Th/ Any Graduate Fresher/Experience Male/Female.
India, Indore, MP - fresher, bus, mp, indore...
Urgent For Iti(Fitter,Welder,Electrician,Mech) Fresher/Experience Male
India, Pune, MH - welder, fresher, electrician, fitter...
Mnc Compnay Hiring For Iti(Electrician) Fresher Male 2016.
India, Pune, MH - fresher, electrician...
McPherson, KS - plant manager, plant, machining, pipe, press,...
HR Manager/Safety Mgr
McPherson, KS - hr manager, safety manager, 100k, hr, mgr...