TxMQ is currently assisting their client in the search for a qualified Controller for their Manufacturing and Machining facility in Northern PA. Working remotely the majority of the week is an option. Candidate will be provided everything necessary to work from home office including computer, printer, hardware/software and internet. Position is slated for CFO title in near future.
REPORTING TO: President/Owner
DIRECT REPORTS: Accounts Payable and Payroll Receptionist
OBJECTIVE: Lead the finances of the plant and be accountable for all Plant level responsibilities including general accounting, payables, order entry, billing, cost accounting, bill of materials, business analysis, financial reporting, and computer operations. Company is a $10M manufacturing and machining facility projected to $15-20M in the near future.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Management of the company’s General Accounting System for Financial Reporting and preparation of internal reports necessary to complete the upload of information into systems
• Working with Accounts Payable/Payroll Receptionist to gather information necessary in order to generate proper procedures, controls, reporting systems, expenditures, coding of invoices, quoting general insurance, depreciation and initiation of corrective actions of an $8M Manufacturing Company.
• Analysis of manufacturing variances; generating and presenting Monthly Financials and Variance Reports direct Management attention to significant variances – Balance Sheets, Income Statements, Cash Flow Reports, miscellaneous reports as required.
• Assistance in development of an annual operation plan and quarterly forecasts.
• Management of cash flow to targets, monitoring backlog, sales, protecting the assets of the Corporation – Cash, A/R, Inventory, and F/A’s - and acting as a knowledgeable source of the Company’s financial best practices
• Oversee the companywide custom ERP system for accuracy, timelines and relevancy
• Oversee a Job Costing System that reports productivity rates and costs of jobs that must be accurate, timely and relevant.
• Oversee a Real Time Master Scheduling System – Schedule work centers, jobs and operators to achieve the Company’s delivery commitments to customers and maximize profitability.
• Completion of special projects as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Business Administration or Accounting
• 10 years experience in Controller role, or position entailing equivalent responsibilities.
• Experience in a Plant Controller role, machining / manufacturing industry experience highly desired.
• MUST be hands on with the ‘day to day’
• Ability to write correspondence, policies and other business documents.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Strong operations, financial, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong technical skills including in-depth understanding of the full P&L
• Comfortable mining and manipulating complex financial data
• Willingness and ability to learn the operational side of the Manufacturing facility to get accounting complete and accurate
• Experience with proper coding of Fixed Asset Invoices and the ability to understand and put together a complete and accurate Inventory Report.
• Computer Skills: Ability to work with and create spreadsheets and word documents, Email and Calendar via Outlook and Online Meetings, adopt new software and hardware with ease, and the experience and aptitude to learn and train in Financials Software and learn a new custom ERP system. The Company is advanced in their IT department/systems/capabilities and a fully functional office off-site is something the Company will consider. The successful candidate could have a home office and report onsite 1-2 days per week. Meetings can be conducted online, documents scanned and emailed, work centers have laptops with 3 screens and all Managers have Smart phones.
• Hiring salary range for this contract to hire position is based on experience. The intent is for this role to turn into a permanent core employee position following the training period, working alongside the Controller that will be retiring and this position will be replacing.
• Rate will be determined based on candidate experience. Please note that this position is Contract in nature and there will be an opportunity and a desire for this candidate to become a permanent employee within the organization.
HOW TO APPLY:
• Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history for immediate consideration.
• TxMQ would like to extend thanks to all applicants, however, only those that may qualify for the position will be contacted for a preliminary interview screening.
• Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire Professional Staffing Solutions
Plant Controller, Corporate Controller, Corporate Financial Analyst, Corporate Accountant, CFO, Chief Financial Officer, Staff Accountant, Plant Accountant
Buffalo, NY - controller, payable, president, vice,...
Buffalo, NY - controller, cfo, accounting, finance, fund, audit...
Buffalo, NY - accountant, payable, president, accounting, books,...
Tonawanda, NY - controller, payable, receivable, accounting,...
Williamsville, NY - controller, payroll, executive director, qa, chief,...
Buffalo, NY - accountant, controller, accounting, finance,...
Director of Finance
Buffalo, NY - controller, plant, cfo, figure, accounting,...