MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
This position has the responsibility and authority to provide a lead role in the ideation, development, design, implementation, test and transfer to manufacturing of medical devices for the ENT/NT business sector.
MAIN JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead and provide guidance in the development of prototypes, verification/validation units and product specifications, including material specifications, assembly drawings and manufacturing documentation
• Establish the testing plan, device limitations and acceptance criteria and ensure the timely completion of the technical deliverables.
• Provide sustaining engineering direction and support for existing products.
• Has a continual awareness of new and advancing technologies and is able to provide conceptual and practical applications for products used during ENT/NT procedures/ surgeries.
• Create Intellectual Property (IP) through idea and product submissions and patent applications.
• Assure the protection and completion of these activities for both themselves and other members of their workgroup.
• Mentor technicians and less experienced engineers.
• Travel to observe surgeries, attend sponsored meetings and meet with suppliers.
• Bachelors, Master’s or PhD degree from an accredited school.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
• 5 or more years’ of product development experience from concept through commercialization with a Bachelor’s degree.
• 3 or more years’ of product development experience from concept through commercialization with a Master’s degree.
• No experience required with a PhD.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines.
• Able to apply engineering analysis techniques and tools (e.g., ProE/Engineer, ProE/Mechanica, Spice, OrCAD/Schematic Capture).
• Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough and practicable and consistent with organization objectives.
• Able to lead, work and communicate effectively with other engineers, designers, surgeons, marketers and suppliers to develop products from concept through commercialization in a cross-functional team.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Effective communication and presentation skills. Exercises good judgment when communicating to all levels in the business organization
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks/projects and manage project closure even when results depend on others.
• Must be flexible in a changing professional environment.
• Effective use of Microsoft Office applications.
• The physical demands described within the main job duties / responsibilities section of this job description and representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• During the course of regular assigned duties, the employee may be required to properly utilize personal protective equipment including but not limited to: safety shoes, safety glasses, goggles, hard hats, air purifying respirator or supplied air respiratory protection.
• The employee must be able to lift ¬¬10 pounds per job requirement.
Associate Clinical Account Representative FL
Jacksonville, FL - biomedical, field, medical devices, clinical,...
Process Safety Engineer
FL - sap, chemical, engineer, medical devices,...
Associate R&D FL
Jacksonville, FL - biomedical, patent, medical devices,...
EP Technical Services Specialist
FL - ep, bio, electro, medical devices, fda,...
Senior Regulatory Affairs Specialist
FL - 90k, medical devices, medical device, 100k,...
Special Project Associate II
Jacksonville, FL - research, special, school, associate, investigator,...
Jacksonville, FL - clerk, services, experience, research,...