Job Title: Controller /Accounting Manager
Reports to: President
Responsible for directing, leading and managing the Treasury & Cash Management, Accounting and Administrative functions of the company including, analysis, budgeting, forecasting and the preparation of accurate and timely financial reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Treasury & Cash Management
- Responsible for overall treasury/bookkeeping function and all accounting operations, including the administration and review of all journal entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable, statutory reporting and foreign exchange transactions.
Supervise/coordinate with the sr accounting assistant / accountant whose duties include:
• Verifying invoices, credits and adjustments.
• Entering basic information into the integrated ERP / accounting system and making some journal entries.
• Following up on AR collections via emails and calls.
• Performing weekly/monthly cheque runs.
Supervise/coordinate with the bookkeeper whose duties include:
• Processing payroll on a bi-weekly basis
• Granting and tracking vacation.
• Processing petty cash, expenses and credit card payments.
• Processing payables and analyzing expenses.
• Managing bank deposits.
• Review and maintain chart of accounts to ensure appropriate categorization of entries so that we can conduct meaningful financial analysis of operational performance at month and year end.
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash.
- Perform and review GL account and bank account reconciliations; and manage/optimize cash flow by balancing the timing of AR collection and AP payments.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements within 15 days of month-end. --- Sales to be reported within a day or two of month end.
- Statements, including inventory recognition, should be appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Facilitate and be responsible for the annual external financial review process with external accountants to prepare year-end review financial statements.
- Complete accurate and timely annual external reporting to financial institutions, ensuring all reporting requirements are met – currently only reviewed statements within 120 days of year end.
- Ensure all statutory requirements of the organization are met including filing and submitting Withholding Payments, Income Taxes, HST, etc.
- Prepare all supporting information for authorized entities such as the Canadian Revenue Agency, Worker’s Compensation Board, Stewardship Ontario, etc.
- Responsible for working with Operations and IT to plan for, manage and execute successful bi-annual inventory counts and monthly inventory counts of finished goods.
- Work with the President to develop and maintain a detailed monthly and annual forecast, including income statement, balance sheet and cash flow.
- A first draft exists with historical data and forecast data by month.
- Review monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting as compared to budget/forecast.
- Assist production and design team with the preparation of costing for new products with the help of a summer intern.
- Other financial analysis as required/appropriate per the business requirements.
Policies & Procedures:
- Work with the President to develop and implement policies and procedures as required to ensure personnel and financial information is secure and proper internal controls are in place.
- Establish and monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal, regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Creating a clear guideline to follow for inventory counts and controls.
- Enhance and continuously improve the reporting process, as appropriate.
- Participate as a member of the Senior Management Team of the Company and provide advice to support the decision-making process.
- Manage the company benefits plan.
- Manage the General and Vehicle insurance process.
- Manage contracts with third party service providers (document storage, maintenance, internet, etc.)
- Other relevant duties as appropriate per business requirements.
• Post-secondary education and Accounting designation.
• Small business / hands on accounting experience (actually making journal entries, preparing statements, treasury management (AR Collection, AP Processing, etc).
• Advanced experience with MS Excel and Word.
• Good communication skills (written and oral).
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment with quickly changing priorities.
• Confident, team player who puts the Company first and is capable of working with minimal supervision.
• Positive, can-do attitude, someone who is excited to become a key player in helping to steer and manage a quickly growing company with tons of potential.
Please submit your resume in word format with salary expectations to email@example.com
Canada, Toronto, ON - controller, accounting, assistant, preparation,...
Canada, Toronto, ON - controller, financial, procedures, it, reporting,...
Hotel General Manager.
Canada, Toronto, ON - hotel, front desk, cad, desk, clerk, captain, visa,...
Canada, Richmond Hill, ON - controller, reporting, accounting, assistant,...
Canada, Toronto, ON - controller, auditor, structural, ceo, accounting,...
Director of Accounting
Canada, Toronto, ON - accounting, mgr, director, finance, bookkeeping,...
Canada, Toronto, ON - accountant, erp, payable, ab, accounts, invoices,...