CHIEF DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Top 5 Must Haves for the Ideal Candidate:
1. Proven Track Record of fundraising (10 yrs).
2. Experience with federated, complex organizations.
3. Experience developing and working with a board of directors.
4. Experience managing large/complex/matrixed teams.
5. Experience building/launching a development program/department.
Company Overview: Our client provides free, high-quality after-school programs to low-income youth across the country. Now reaching over 72,000 students on over 300 school sites, this organization is raising the bar and helping students succeed in school and in life.
Position Overview: Our client is seeking its first ever Chief Development Officer (CDO) to lead a multifaceted Development Department and further develop its programs in major gifts, foundations and government grants, corporate support, and planned giving in alignment with the mission and vision of the organization.
• Create a comprehensive long term development plan to grow and diversify unrestricted and restricted revenue from all private sector sources in collaboration with the organization’ movement.
• Create a structure for the development department that will best execute the plan/strategy by leveraging the entire organizational system.
• Develop a strategy and structure to increase Government funding at the federal, state and local level.
• Build tools, materials and training for local Chapter staff to execute new and existing collaborative fundraising strategies resulting in increased revenue.
• Develop an annual plan of work and accountabilities that align with the plan to ensure the successful delivery of fundraising goals.
• Develop and implement plans that engage the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Board of Directors, and volunteer support groups in the development strategy.
• Collaborate with the CEO to develop annual fundraising goals and systems to track and forecast revenue throughout the year.
• Personally identify, cultivate, solicit, recognize and steward a portfolio of major donors and corporate sponsors.
• Ensure Salesforce is adopted and implemented for tracking donors, grants, and other fundraising activities to support the fundraising goals throughout the organization’s network
A meaningful compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate that includes a base salary, along with performance-based bonus.
*To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in MS Word format, to Derek Bush at email@example.com. A fully detailed, formal specification will be sent to “top-level”, qualified candidates.
Chief Development Officer
Los Angeles, CA - writer, justice, fundraising, donor, grant, chief,...
Chief Marketing Officer
Los Angeles, CA - fundraising, army, product marketing, seo, pr,...
Chief Nursing Officer CNO
Los Angeles, CA - officer, chief, executive, administrative,...
Chief Program Officer
Los Angeles, CA - ceo, chief, officer, psychology, president, social,...
Chief Administrative Officer
Los Angeles, CA - photography, chief, film, printing, officer, ceo,...
Chief Nursing Executive Officer (CNEO)
Los Angeles, CA - executive, chief, vice, officer, president, vp,...
Director of Individual Giving
Los Angeles, CA - donor, fundraising, nonprofit, justice, director,...