Position: GIS Manager (Ref: 1858)
Location: Atlanta, GA 30308
Duration: 7 Months 21 Days - Contract
Submission Deadline: 11/16/2016
The GIS Manager will act as the lead point of contact who will be responsible for the program that acquires and maintains the local road characteristics data and if available, spatial road centerlines from the local governments and integrating that data with Road Characteristics database and GIS road network. The successful candidate will bring strong GIS knowledge coupled with excellent communication skills. He or she must be able use GIS products to convey concepts to all levels of individuals who are either GIS experts or have never used a computer. The selected candidate will need strong Project Management skills to manage a diverse team located all over the state. Travel within the state and possible overnight trips may be required.
Experience and qualifications:
• A Bachelor Degree in GIS, Geography, Information Systems or a closely related field.
• A minimum of 4 years’ experience in managing geospatial projects and coordination efforts
• Strong Project Management experience
• Program Development experience
• Ability to explain complex concepts to a non-technical audience
• Excellent verbal and written Communication Skills
• Thorough knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS suite of products version 10.x
• Firm understanding of relational databases and experience with their design
• Knowledge of Linear Referencing Systems and Dynamic Segmentation
• Experience in coordinating with or working in County/City level government
• Self-motivated with demonstrated work experience in delivering results
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse team of varying technical skill levels
Required / Desired Skills
• Communication skills both verbal and written Required - 5 Years
• Data Analysis Required - 5 Years
• Data Modeling Required - 3 Years
• Esri Roads and Highways Required - 1 Years
• Microsoft Access Required - 2 Years
• Microsoft Office Required - 3 Years
• Presentation skills Required - 4 Years
• Project management Required - 3 Years
• SQL Required - 3 Years
• Staff supervisory Required - 3 Years
• Team work Required - 5 Years
Atlanta, GA - gis, projects, plus, professional, local, risk,...
Atlanta, GA - gis, editing, desktop, data, technician...
Atlanta, GA - gis, .net, data, analyst, quality control,...
Atlanta, GA - gis, analyst, desktop, data, assembly, .net...
Atlanta, GA - gis, desktop, analyst, .net, data, assembly...
Mobility Planning Intern
Atlanta, GA - gis, planning, civil engineering, mobility, city,...
Atlanta, GA - gis, vb, .net, developer, sql, python, data,...