Engineering / R&D Manager
TxMQ is currently assisting their client in the search for a qualified Engineering and R&D ( Research & Development ) Manager for their manufacturing facility in Western NY.
REPORTING TO: President
SUMMARY: Direct all the Engineering and R&D functions of the Company consistent with the business plan.
• Identifies, in conjunction with Sales and Marketing, promising areas of research or technology that addresses the unmet current and future needs of current and new markets that have large potential and secure patent protection related to all new inventions coming from this effort.
• Tracks industry trends, relevant legislation and competitive activities.
• Prepares presentations to educate customers on the use and application of ultrasound as it relates to industrial cleaning, surface preparation and other applications that may be developed.
• Develops Engineering and R&D departments’ capital & operating expense budget.
• Oversees company’s Engineering and R&D product and project requirements.
• Schedules Engineering and R&D project assignments, planning and budgets.
• Responsible for providing employee leadership, training & development, performance reviews, hiring, counseling and/or termination of employment.
• Establish and maintain Engineering and R&D procedures, Quality manual and Standards book, consistent with our quality plan.
• Oversee all Engineering and R&D outsourcing, including qualifying and contract negotiating.
• Support Sales, Service and customers regarding warranty issues and field service.
• Communicate, on a routine basis, with the proposal department regarding concepts, budgets and advice.
• Communicate, on routine basis, with manufacturing regarding projects and product improvements.
• Maintain monthly Engineering and R&D loading and gross margin forecast reports.
• Other functions as directed.
• BS and MS degree in Engineering with preferably Electrical Engineering (electives in electronics, circuit theory, network analysis and network synthesis, etc.)
• 10 years of technical experience, and at least 4 years in a management position.
• Technical knowledge of the Ultrasonic parts cleaning industry, or DC Power Supplies industry,
• Knowledge of computers and PLC’s and experience with AutoCAD and Solidworks.
• Knowledge and experience with 8D problem solving.
• Experience with Custom Automated Industrial Machinery and Systems including the following: 1) Structural Steel Weldments, Sheet Metal, Machined Components, Process Piping, and Application of Existing Technology and Components; 2) Parts such as Pumps, Heaters, Filters, Motors, Pneumatic Components, Motion Control Components, and plumbing.
• Lean, Six Sigma, and Project Management experience preferred but not required.
• Maintain local, regional and/or national memberships in appropriate professional organizations/associations.
Language, Mathematical, Reasoning, Physical and Work Environment to include:
1. Communicate verbally and/or in writing with other employees, other departments and supervision as to work in progress, problems and/or completion. Must be able to present information to groups of employees, customers, vendors etc. Must be able to lecture and make presentations to technical audiences;
2. Must be able to perform advanced level mathematics reasoning (algebraic formulas, trigonometry, calculus and strength of materials, as well as calculations consistent with the cleaning equipment industry;
3. Be able to identify work process problems and possible solutions. This position is for someone who desires hands on involvement in the complete product development cycle, including; initial concepts, specifications, hardware, software design, packaging, documentation testing and production support;
4. Sit at workstation for prolonged periods of time. Must be able to adjust visual focus. Travel will be required from time to time to support the Sales and Marketing team. May need to go into shop environment on as needed basis. Must be able to climb stairs.
5. Traditional office atmosphere. Temperature standard. Quiet noise level. May need to go into shop environment on an as needed basis. Can be exposed to loud noises and work around high voltage machinery.
• Salary for this direct hire position will be commensurate with experience and also include a BONUS, plus a competitive benefits package, paid holidays and vacations, relocation package if necessary, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
• Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history for immediate consideration.
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions
Research Scientist I - High Content Assay Development & Screening
Buffalo, NY - scientist, high, development, research, laboratory,...
Intern (Summer - Food Service Marketing)
Buffalo, NY - support, photo, summer, research,...
Lids Part-Time Sales Help
Niagara Falls, NY - rd, visual, store, sales, statistics, fashion,...
Engineering / Technical Recruiter
Buffalo, NY - engineering, recruitment, technical recruiter,...
Lids Part-Time Sales Help
Niagara Falls, NY - rd, sales, fashion, visual, store, statistics,...
Consumer Lending Systems Analyst II
Buffalo, NY - systems, designer, systems analyst, projects,...
Quality Engineering Manager
Buffalo, NY - engineering manager, molding, software quality,...